How many of you were in Dramas at the D.C. ?

by drewcoul 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• ambersun
    ambersun

Ooh I remember that drama NVR2L8. So you were Benny the bunny lol.

The WTS was absolutely obsessed with all things sexual in the 1960s and 70s, nearly every other talk seemed to be on the subject and I used to dread sitting there with my parents and little sisters all in a row. The eyes of the congregation always turned to the teenagers during those talks to check we were listening attentively. There was a boy I liked sitting close by and I think both our faces must have been as red as a beetroot during that drama. I felt so sorry for you and all the others having such cringeworthy lines to say in front of thousands of people. Well done for surviving the ordeal!!

I had a walk on part in the Esther drama which I think was a year or two before that International Assembly if I remember rightly. Thankfully, all I had to do was refuse to bow down in front of King Nebuchadnezzar and not declare to the entire audience what I was or wasn't doing sexually

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've been in 3.

My most memorable one was acting as Doeg in the early 80's

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Sad thing is that the name Benny stuck to me for quite a while...every time I saw the CO he would ask me if I still remembered Benny's page...refering the full page of the script that contained my confession of lewd acts and drug abuse. The brother who played the congregation pusher Buzz in the drama became a CO at a young age and he and his wife had their picture in one of the Watchtower magazine about 5 years ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit