Dec 15 2011 WT: playing school sports equated with cheating on taxes & lying - wtf?

by baltar447 33 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Here it is in p14 of the article "Is he a good example for you or a warning?"

14 Will we let Solomon’s course be a warning example for us? A sister might attempt to rationalize forming a romantic link that ignores God’s directive to marry “only in the Lord.” (1 Cor. 7:39) With similar rationalizing, one might share in extracurricular sports or clubs at school, underreport taxable income, or tell untruths when asked to reveal actions that could be embarrassing. The point is, Solomon must have used imperfect reasoning to get around what God commanded, and that same danger exists for us.

So now such things as marrying out of the 'troof', sports and school clubs, cheating on taxes and lying are equated? WTF are they smoking?

Also, notice that they specifically didn't say just plain lying, but lying to the elders only.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So some JW kid who wants to be in the Math club or Physics club is in the same boat with Joe Hoover as the lying tax-cheat?

W

T

F

??!?!?!?!?!?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Watchtower is really clamping down. WOW!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

14 Will we (Propaganda technique of ‘the preachers ‘we’’ meant to make us feel a part of this rubbish. Kind of ‘guilt by association’) let Solomon’s course be a warning example for us? (Don’t ask me. I don’t care). A sister might (Propaganda technique of the ‘what if’ scenario mixed with a weasel type word. OK then, a sister MIGHT NOT) attempt to rationalize (no independent thinking allowed) forming a romantic link that ignores God’s directive (Appeal to authority, mystical manipulation and appeal to fear. Translation = a sister might not obey the GB) to marry “only in the Lord.” (Translation = only JWS) (1 Cor. 7:39) With similar rationalizing, one might (what if!) share in extracurricular sports or clubs at school, underreport taxable income, or tell untruths when asked to reveal actions (do they mean confessing all in an intrusive JC ie ‘dispensing of existence’?) that could (weasel word) be embarrassing. (Correlation & causality mixed up, appeal to fear) The point is, Solomon must (weasel word) have used imperfect reasoning (who can reason perfectly? Duh!) to get around what God commanded, and that same (same?) danger (appeal to fear) exists for us. (Correlation does not imply causation. This is blatant propaganda all the way!)

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Look at the picture on page 26. "Today, holy spirit is available to aid Christians, whatever their hope" What a priviledge it would be to work alongside the brother with the brown bag.

:)

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower writers style can be described with one word.

Manipulative!

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL TimothyT! That's our old buddy Sammy Herd going d2d! ROFL

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I KNOW.... MY GOODNESS!!! When i saw it, my mouth just opened and i just imagined HOW AMAZING it would be to work alongside him preaching about the Kingdom... WHAT A PRIVILEDGE!

If i was the other brother, id be giving him a piece of my mind... thats why it would be a priviledge. Sod working with him on the ministry... it like to get a few things straight with what he is a part of - not that he would listen to someone like me.

Interestingly too, i noticed no reference to Matthew 24:45 in the articles... despite the fact that this kind of study can be easily related to them. What is going on????

Timmy xxx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So, I suppose now you can go to jail for playing school sports. Or, you could cause someone else to have to pay more because you didn't pay your fair share by playing school sports.

Obviously, they are not thinking--or they are using a standard that makes no sense.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Control . . . Control . . . Control . . . Control . . .

It's all they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit