What Turns The Average "Worldly" Person Away From The Witnesses?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If you haven't noticed, the average JW tends to be on the "odd" side...

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Their superiority complex. In everything.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Plastic smiles, fake happiness. Most folk know a JDub and can see it's all a 2 faced affair.

• Ding
    Ding

I don't know if there is an "average" non-JW, but I would think for many it's the idea of having to annoy everyone by knocking on their doors.

EThis turns a lot of people off even before they know anything about WT doctrine or other practices.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I don't know if there is an "average" non-JW, but I would think for many it's the idea of having to annoy everyone by knocking on their doors.

Agree completely - closely followed by the famous anti-government viewpoint on everything.

• Bella15
    Bella15

"Simply misunderstood?" Explain further please.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Christmas,blood,shunning.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

People are just annoyed by JW's just like they are annoyed by telemarketers and spam email. No one has any time or patience for stuff like this anymore, and the JW's are the most annoying of the aforementioned by far. Add to it that "worldly" people generally have the idea that JW's have wacked out beliefs and there ya have it.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Because regular worldly people, by and large, don't know the JW specific beliefs on things that we would consider hot topics. They're just annoying weird religious people with strange beliefs is all they know, by and large. John Doe doesn't know about 607, blood, UN, molestors, failed prophecies, tec.

Just wanted to add that to my above comment.

• clarity
    clarity

The attitude ... they think they own everything! The "walk", phony friendship, the constant jehovah, jehovah, jehovah, the phony smile, the ............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit