What Turns The Average "Worldly" Person Away From The Witnesses?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• r51785
    r51785

Arrogance and stupidity are such an unattractive combination.

• tec
    tec

For the average person... just simple disbelief in anything they're trying to preach. At least as per turning people away.

As for turning people AGAINST them, then the annoying knock on the door and invasion of privacy/peace, the sales-pitch, the blood doctrine. The average worldy person doesn't know anything more than that about them.

Just my opinion.

Peace,

Tammy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

One day i am going to write a letter to my ex wife (when the kids are older)

and explain how good a job she has done in turning people away from their message. I will congratulate her for successfully turning more people off by her conduct than she could ever hope to bring into the 'truth' from a life time of pioneering.

That i think is also the future of the organization. As more and more people wake up to the pure bad behavior of individual JWs and the evilness of shunning, they just are not going to get that many new recruits in future.

Its wake up time for the WT.

oz

• inbetween
    inbetween

Misconceptions often include: JW do not believe in Jesus, and don't drink alcohol.

then what many know is about holidays, and more important blood is often mentiond as negative part of JW belief.

other than that, there is not much, at least acc to my experience...

• ambersun
    ambersun

When I was a dub, I found the issues that bothered most worldly people were connected with children, i.e. how we could allow a child to die for want of a blood transfusion, and how cruel it was to prevent a child from celebrating birthdays and Christmas.

I am amazed how many people I speak to have absolutely no idea about the fundamental beliefs of JWs. Despite being contacted by JWs many times over the years, they still think JWs believe the end of the world is coming and they are going to heaven. They have no idea about an earthly hope.

Many of the issues that worldly people had when I was a dub, and still seem to have, were totally inaccurate things such as thinking JWs are not allowed to accept any form of medical treatment. Also, as already mentioned, that JWs don't believe in Jesus (due to not celebrating Christmas).

So much for the world wide preaching work!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

People can't say what JWs beleive...

only what they don't!

oz

• wobble
    wobble

Just the arrogant view they have of themselves, that they are God's chosen ones and the homeowner is in error and ignorance, is enough to put most people off.

Plus they nearly all look f***ing weird.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I find it humorous how little the pastor of the church I attend knows about the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Frankly, until I married my witness and studies with the witnesses, I did not know much about them either.

Funny though, that in spite of all the studying, there were still a great many things that I did not know about them.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

to Oz!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

In my case, the "literature". I actually liked the people themselves. But couldn't imagine saying that a world wide flood did happen and evolution was a ruse of Satan. . with a straight face.

Trouble with the "ministery" is, most "worldly" parents have no problem with education and/or intelligent use of the internet. They are even proud if their children occaisionally win an argument with logic! And once something is understood, as many have siad here, it can't be forgotten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit