My father's funeral

by jwfacts 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

jwfacts, I'm so sorry about the the way you were treated at your dad's funeral and the situation between you and your mum.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks for sharing , Paul , and condolences. It sounds like the event went as well as could be hoped for.

I do find it strange that the WTBTS funeral outline is usually followed to the letter in most funeral discourses unless the individual was quite high up in the society.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

At least they had the respect to diviate from the script for your father. I guess that it was a pretty good mix of reactions from the local JWs. Each one via their own reaction seeking to reactivate you.

As for the that outline...My daughter went to her grandmothers funeral last month and her desictiption of the funeral? BORING. Thats not a good reveiw for the JWs way of conducting funerals eh?

Your situation makes me wonder how my own mothers funeral might go. A small country town congo and 5 children who all left the organization. Never will that congo have even seen one of us, ever.

Glad you did ok, and while i am at it, thankyou for your website Paul.

Oz

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am so sorry for the loss of your father.

I am also sorry that others have no respect for other with a different belief. They are under a spell.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thanks for the update, Paul.

Speaking from experience, be prepared for belated mourning. You might think you're getting over it, but the grief can return at any time during the next 12 months, triggered by something small or even nothing at all. But it's perfectly natural.

Best wishes to you.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry you had to endure they ignorance and hypocrisy of so many "Chrisitians" Paul. It disgusts me to no end that many of them can't act like normal human beings even at a funeral. We went through something similar years ago when my youngest brother died where the PO told my parents that my other DA'd brother, "shouldn't be talking to people at the funeral". It's hard to believe that they actually believe that their bahaviour is somehow 'normal'.

I can't believe your mother is cutting you off like that too. Trust me, the day will come when she will regret it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Quendi, that was a great comment to the elders.

Roski, I am sorry you had to go through that. Some Elders in particular seem to act with particular heartlessness towards disfellowshipped ones. They seem to believe that a d/f person looses all worth as a human.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Paul, thank you for the update. I had been wondering how it all went at your father's funeral.

Many of us will one day have to face a similar situation in having to bury a JW loved one. The spendid way you dealt with the whole ordeal is food for thought.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Sorry to hear about your dad's death. It must be hard to go back to a KH and deal with all the crazies and their stupid believes thinking they know more than you do. Wish you that your mom and you will get closer and she escapes the cult.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I am appalled at what these "Christian" elders put Roski through, appalled but no longer surprised. I hope the best for you, Roski, and all whom you love. At least you are no longer part of this cult and can live your life in peace and freedom. Paul, you would have loved being a fly on the wall during my judicial committee meetings. I ripped them up one side and down the other whenever they tried JW ideology to make me grovel on the floor. They were always frustrated because I would answer them using the Bible to show their actions might be in line with the Society's thinking but certainly not with Christ's.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit