Credit Donation Machines in Assembly Halls

by leonbus23 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leonbus23
    leonbus23

I just received an email from the EX-JW meetup group coordinator in Phoenix. She stated that the JWs are putting credit donation machines at the assembly halls. Is this true? She said letters were sent to congregations about this in late August.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes it is true!

• cantleave
    cantleave

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/215752/1/2011-November-Our-Kingdom-Ministry-PDF

Download this - there are some extra pertaining to credit card machines

• leonbus23
    leonbus23

This is a bombshell. I can't wait to call out my parents on this garbage.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They will say "Jehovah's organisation has always used technology" or some other justification.

• leonbus23
    leonbus23

It makes me think about the organization a lot. I was raised in the early '80s when it was run by religious fanatics who perpetrated witch hunts against apostates. Now it seems as though the WTBTS is nothing but a money making group. Either way, its all bad.

• Gayle
    Gayle

There are 44 Assembly Halls in the U.S.

If this goes well for them, then these will be at your local Kingdom Hall soon after.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Leonbus - I was raised in the org, a teenager in the 80's. It is IMO worse now than it was then.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I saw them last weekend with my own eyes!!! The CO reported that donations at the DC increased by 1/3rd from the previous year's DC due to the ability to accept credit/debit cards. I figured the machines at the DCs were a test run in the US. Given the result, no wonder they're putting them into Assembly Halls.

I agree with Gayle, KHs are next.

This wouldn't be such a big deal but look at the other thread where there are WT quotes about other religions doing the same thing and the WT blasting them for doing so.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If this is true about credit card machines in kingdom halls comes to fruition, if it is not a major tipping point for the average doubting J-dub, I don't know what else will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit