Poll: What do you believe now?

by Lunatic Faith 38 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I am personally at a loss on what to believe at this point. I feel like I'm adrift in an endless sea of uncertainty. It is very uncomfortable for me. Being raised in the org. caused me to never be able to have an ability to talk with people on the 'outside', or, on the 'inside', as I never wanted to be a pioneer or elder's wife...never truly convinced it was the truth and yet terrified I'd be dead forever if I left it completely. Most of the time I'm not terrified anymore...just hideously lonely...living way out in the rurals and not having friendships with other adults is lonesome.

C

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Agnostic leaning toward Athiest but willing to consider reasonable arguments.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I believe in God- don't know why, but I could easily accept it if I am wrong.

• umadevi
    umadevi

I have been out for a few months now. I am feeling rather lost, spiritually. I do believe in Creator. Not into any denomination and I have no wish to join any in the future.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I believe in God...not religion...and I am still making my mind up how/what I believe...its a journey...and a rather good one

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I believe that the future sucks and I believe that future rocks and I believe that one day White Buffalo Woman is going to come back and kick everyone’s ass. ~Sam Black Crow, American Gods, Neil Gaiman

I'm only sort of kidding. Religion is all metaphor and so in some way it is all true while literally it is almost all untrue. I'm really enjoying being able to explore without feeling obligated to believe or disbelieve. I take what I find on its own merits.

That said, I believe I'm going to base my vote in the presidential election on whichever candidate talks the least about his/her imaginary invisible friend in the sky.

• mindseye
    mindseye

Shador wrote:

Any religion or teaching which denies the Natural Laws of the Universe is false.

I'm with you, Shador. Communion with nature is where it's at. The path that resonates with me, Taoism, also emphasizes connecting with nature.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Once the JW deception became clear . . . I couldn't simply modify Christianity into a new and acceptable religion . . . and believe me I tried.

After a couple of years of riding that merry-go-round, I simply swept my mind clean of all belief based on faith, or traditional writings and concepts . . . a kind of Atheism I suppose.

I was still very much interested in truth however . . . on any matter. I began with the simple building blocks of the physical world as to what they might reveal . . . and so ventured deep into the world of nuclear physics.

To condense . . . current knowledge does not take us beyond the understanding that the physical world is merely energy presenting itself to the five human senses as matter (physical). The physical universe exists simply on acount of two parameters . . . energy, and the spatial environment in which it is expressed.

The implications are very much in the growth stages . . . as I'm now a very cautious adopter. But the interconnective nature of the physical world along with it's simplicity have me leaning toward a kind of pantheistic view . . . that I benefit by a positive contribution to the "whole". The approach finds commonality with the basic teachings of Christ . . . but a lot more evidence and testing of the validity is required before I adopt any belief. I'm very much a work in progress.

• Ding
    Ding

For those who want evidence, evidence of what exactly?

And what sort of evidence would you find persuasive?

These are genuine questions, not intended as rhetorical or sarcastic...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    For those who want evidence, evidence of what exactly? . . . Ding

If you have a preconceptive bias . . . it will determine in advance what you believe

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
    Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit