What good is punishment after you die?

by Lore 22 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
  • Lore
    Lore
    I was addressing the "what" that you are arguing "against" because it's false to begin with. I think that throwing out such things in a manner that suggests they are/might be TRUE... further perpetuates the harm done by those who do teach them as true... to those who accept them as true.

Well then I think we can both agree it's not true. But that doesn't change the fact that almost a third of Americans believe in it.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    that doesn't change the fact that almost a third of Americans believe in it.

No, it doesn't (again, peace to you!)... but stating it as if it WERE true doesn't help that, either. It only helps those who DO believe it feel further "persecuted" and "under attack" for such belief... when the comment/belief was/is actually against the Most Holy One of Israel... and not simply man's misunderstanding of Him. Those who so believe aren't going to stand up and say, "Hey, wait - that's a lie! God is LOVE and so it MUST be a lie!" No, they're going to take personal offense... because you've attached someTHING they believe... and not made a false statement against the someONE they claim to believe in.

I chose to "stand in the gap", therefore... and correct the error. I hope you understand.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit