What good is punishment after you die?

by Lore 22 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Very well said by Tom.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

jehovah doesn't exsist that is what I believe. I refuse to be offered a megre choice,...face the firey pit or kiss the lords ass. No,... that is not for me and I hope anyone who preaches that to the detrement of others I hope they get what is deserving of their actions.

Reincarnation ideas solves the problem of punishement after death as you simple come back and have to serve out any Karma that you have incurred in that previous life. A much more sensible approach to understanding. I often think this could be the case. It appears to be such a waste for all the things we learn to dissapear at death...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm arguing against it, not for it.

Yes, I understand that... which is why I asked my question, dear Lore (again, peace to you!). I was addressing the "what" that you are arguing "against" because it's false to begin with. I think that throwing out such things in a manner that suggests they are/might be TRUE... further perpetuates the harm done by those who do teach them as true... to those who accept them as true.

We... often chide the WTBTS for publishing its false propaganda... and the harm it does (which, admittedly, is great!), but if we do the same thing (while crying as they do, "People have the right to choose what they want to believe, so where's the harm if we publish something that, beneath it all, is false... how are WE to blame? How are WE harming them?"). Perhaps, though, we find it easy to overlook when we do the same... because it's not on as large a scale.

Just my $0.02... which I stated, because it constitutes a lie... against the Most Holy One of Israel. Even if that's not what you intended. YOU didn't bother me; what you insinuated did... and so I spoke up, in the hopes that you might see this... and perhaps consider the harm you might be a party to. That's all...

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• I quit!
    I quit!

Good reply Botchtower and Tom (wherever you are).

One of my favorite books "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis was very insightful into the frame of mind a person could have in the afterlife that could keep them from accepting what they really need to make them happy.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Who the hell is Tom, how about sticking to the name posted next to the picture.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Who the hell is Tom

This is Tom Cabeen:

http://www.freeminds.org/life-stories/bethelites/interview-with-tom-cabeen.html

how about sticking to the name posted next to the picture.

I think he described it better than I could, so I quoted him from an old thread and credited him. Why is that objectionable?

• erbie
    erbie

It's all myths and legends to me. I must admit that I do like to think that there is a creator but religion is a tree in which all the foulest birds of the earth have come to roost. If I remember correctly that is a quote from A Pilgrims Progress. In any case, I think that truer words were never spoken.

I guess I just try not to confuse the God of creation or mother nature, whoever that may be, with the cruel and relentless god of the Watchtower followers.

Someone needs to come down hard on these clowns!

Love the Richard Dawkins quote, Shador. He lives just down the road from me. I know active Jehovah's who read his books.

Ouch!

• fade_away
    fade_away

"Again, peace to you!" Must be said before and after every comment. Or else God will send you to a place full of smoke and fire and burning and torture and anguish where He will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever till the end of time!......

......But He loves you! God is love. Again peace to you.

• erbie
    erbie

That sounds like a lot of suffering for a very long time indeed. Ouch!

I'm sure I must have done something to deserve it.

Peace to you. Again, Peace. The flames are lapping at my ankles. Peace! Peace damn you!

• Diest
    Diest

The real punnishment is that when you die you wont know that god wasnt there.....Asleep in death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit