'Apostates' being labelled 'mentally diseased'. Is discrimination against mentally disabled people by using it as a 'hate crime' term?

by punkofnice 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sizemik
    sizemik
    ED: In fact I've sent it.

. . . and got an acknowledgement already . . . after 1 hour . . . I'll keep you posted.

Ref: 84305

Confidential

14 September 2011

Dear Murray,

Thank you for your e-mail received by the Human Rights Commission Infoline Team.

Your matter will be considered and someone will contact you back within 15 working days.

If in the meantime you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to make further contact with one of our Infoline staff on 0800 496 877; or email to[email protected] or by teletypewriter to 0800 150 111. We also use Language Line services which provide free interpreting in 39 differentlanguages.

Yours sincerely,

Neil Towse Infoline Advisor | Kaituku Korero

New Zealand Human Rights Commission | Te Kahui Tika Tangata

Telephone Toll free 0800 496 877 | T: +64 9 309 0874 | F: +64 9 377 3593

PO Box 6751, Wellesley St | Level 3, Zurich House, 21 Queen Street, Auckland 1141

New Zealand

• still thinking
    still thinking

Awwww....you fellas!!!!.....I like your style

Can't wait to hear the response....

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

This claim is just as offensive to the mentally ill as the claim that the offspring of Ham were cursed "and that's where blacks come from." I cannot believe, in 2011, this kind of uneducated, close-minded rhetoric would be used. It's inflammatory, it's disparaging and it's disgusting. Taking one innocent group and labeling them with another innocent group to make a CLAIM that one of them is BAD.

Apostates = Mentally ill

Mentally ill = BAD

Therefore, Apostates = BAD

• ekruks
    ekruks

I think the question should be, Who has the mental disease?
    The bullying passive-aggressive organisation that has a socipathic attitude that results in stockholm syndrome and passive dissidence by it's members?

If we are mentally-diseased, well that's only because of the abuse we suffered at their hands, and we left to escape such mental illness !!!!

• ekruks
    ekruks

Fair point by Bella..... mental illness are not infectious; except rare cases such as BSE, etc., of which you have to eat the infected, and that paragraph made no reference to cannibalism !!!!!!!!!!!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Good catch, Punk!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cyruse - I can't see anything, don't know if it's my browser but it looks like 'the blank of England'

Bella - I agree totally. They're as twisted as the 'gordium knot'

Happy - Have a beer on me!

erbie - Yes, the 'ad hominem' is proof of their fear that they're going down. Pride before a fall.

Mummatron - You know me so well!

Sizemik - Rock on my man. ROCK ON!! Please keep us posted!

Discreteslave - Thanks sweetie. I'm sick of sitting on my botty, it's time to act. Power to the sheeple!!

Outlaw - Thanks my good man. See full size image

Stillthinking - I Thankee! I look forward to further developements too.

Dario - I agree and thanks for illustrating it by way of their use of logical fallicy. XLNT.

ekruks - You make a valid point. At least if I'm mentally diseased nothing I do is my fault.

Spectre- Thanks. One does ones best!

Let's see if anything comes back!

Sorry, I couldn't resist this..............................................

Eccles 11:1 (NIV) Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.

• blondie
    blondie
    1 Timothy 6:4

New International Version (NIV)

4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica

X

American Standard Version (ASV)

4 he is puffed up, knowing nothing, but doting about questionings and disputes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

American Standard Version (ASV)

Copyright © 1901 Public Domain

X

Amplified Bible (AMP)

4 He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a [ a ] morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

Footnotes:
    1. 1 Timothy 6:4 Joseph Thayer, A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament.
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

X

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 he is conceited and understands nothing; but he [ a ] has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions,

Footnotes:
    1. 1 Timothy 6:4 Lit is sick about
    Cross references:
    1. 1 Timothy 6:4 : 1 Tim 3:6
    2. 1 Timothy 6:4 : 1 Tim 1:4
    3. 1 Timothy 6:4 : Acts 18:15; 2 Tim 2:14
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation

X

New Living Translation (NLT)

4 Anyone who teaches something different is arrogant and lacks understanding. Such a person has an unhealthy desire to quibble over the meaning of words. This stirs up arguments ending in jealousy, division, slander, and evil suspicions.

New Living Translation (NLT)

Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Here are five other translations and the concept of being mentally diseased is not seen.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Nice one Unky and MS!

Go fellas!

Hope this gathers some pace....

Paula x

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blondie - Valid point you make. Again WBT$ put their own selfserving spin on things. Ooooh Denis, doo bee dooo!

Pams Girl - Hey, Paula....I'm singing all the hits now!! If I'm honest they'll probably look at the emails and say: 'Jehovah's Witnesses......nyah! Harmless cranks. My favourite aunt is one. Nutty as a fruitcake but harmless!'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit