More bad press for Jehovah's Witnesses!... Mother murders two children.

by koolaid-man 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
  • jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

she wasnt a jw as the congregation stated.i can always remember a crazy person or two that would occasionaly attend and would never qualify to be baptized,

• smiddy
    smiddy

K.A.M. & Snoozy These are just such "tragedies" Does the religion of JW`s contribute to the phsychotic state of vulnerable people? Or are we mentally defective in some way, to be influenced by the message of this religion in the first place. Or are we, or should I say were we, just so immature. I have just added another nail or two in the coffin of" God" smiddy

• Perry
    Perry
    "Arman Torosyan, 23, killed his parents – 64-year-old Khachik Torosyan and 57-year-old Marietta Torosyan in their apartment in Sevan, as he says, “fulfilling the commandment of Jehovah.”

And what possible scripture could he have had in mind other than the WT's New World Translation corruption of Romans 6:7 ?? "For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin. 8 Moreover, if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him."

Christ offered justification in the here and now, the WT offers it only when you die .... big difference.

By the WT's twisted logic, we should all be killing our loved ones so that they can be acquitted of their sin and wake up in paradise. I'm surprised that there are not more reported events like this among JW's.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    By the WT's twisted logic, we should all be killing our loved ones so that they can be acquitted of their sin and wake up in paradise. . . . Perry

It makes you realise how close to the apocalyptic cult thinking of the likes of the Peoples Temple and Branch Davidians, that the JW theology and doctrine actually places them.

I'm writing a paper on the growing problem of suicide within the Watchtower religion. . . . The Oracle

That's very interesting. I had a close association with suicide when a JW . . . the number of friends and acquaintances who suffered this fate over 27 years went into double figures. I read of an Australian survey that put suicide rates among JW's at as much as 4x the average. I'd be interested in your paper . . . perhaps you could post some of it when complete?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Truly sickening. ''Others consider it to be the result of purely social problems suffered by the family or the woman’s mental disorder.'' Mentally diseased and not an apostate? What gives? If a JW were asked about this they'd just say: 'O, she wasn't a REAL Jehovah's Witness!' But we all know if the woman were a Catholic the JWs would be parading around saying: 'Look how evil Catholics are!' Yet they don't see it!!

• nugget
    nugget

This is a tragedy regardless of the woman's faith. This seemed to have been building for a while with the children being neglected and spending time alone. No one picked up on the signs and sadly this terrible event occurred. The literature from JWs would not have endorsed such an action and whilst this organisation has a poor track record when it comes to being a a safe haven for the mentally ill it did not legitimize this murder. This woman is mentally ill and will have a massive burden to carry when she comes to her senses.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

ScenicViewer did some good detective work on this....having J W connections does not make one a dub. I note that :

"According to the police statement, in the past few years Roza Aloyan was a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious organization, but later the organization denied this information, saying that they never had a member with that name."

Bad publicity for them? Yes, if their name is mentioned but are they culpable? probably not. Either way it is a tragedy . If this woman had the awful experiences they mention and was brought up in one of those horrible orphanages that we have seen in the news from former Eastern Block Countries, then that is the more likely reason behind it,

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

God damn it, Rick. This story is tragic and your pathetic attempt to sensationalize it to further your ridiculous campaign is purely disgusting.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whether or not the witlesses condone murder, what do they do about it once it happens? Yes, it can happen anywhere. But, a good religion would not obstruct justice and hide the problem. Nor would they let someone go on as if nothing happened once they know about it--and then lie about it by claiming that the person was disfellowshipped at the time of the incident only after it becomes public knowledge. Rather, a sound religion would apply the rule "You must not murder" and disfellowship them for murder (and then rat them out to the police).

This is the same for any whoppers. They are worried about smoking a single cigarette or celebrating Christmas. Do that, and you will be disfellowshipped for sure. But, go ahead and molest children, kill them, or even eat them, and you will not get in trouble with the congregation until and unless you get caught by "Satan's" organization. Their priorities are screwed up, and they will go to great lengths to protect the supposed "cleanliness" of the organization as it appears to the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit