The Meetings Really Suck Lately

by Pika_Chu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

For boooring meetings I did the following, it MIGHT BE BAD ADVICE! but it work for me while I was trying to be a good little disfellowshipped jdub showing my parents and former gf that I REALLY,REALLY wanted to come back!!

About half hour before the meeting smoke a big bowl of the finest maryjane you can get your hands on, the meeting will be a blast!!! Be forewarned that you will have a heck of a time trying to hold back the laughter and giggling at all the BS that is coming from the front!!! It was like stand up comedy for me, could not get enough!!!

• Quendi
    Quendi

I am glad that Pika_Chu has shared his story with us and I want to wish him all the best. In time, my friend, you will find the circumstances that will allow you to exit from this cult for good and all. You already have support among us on this board, but this is a virtual community. You need to find a real one that will accept, respect, and love you for who you really are. That can take some time, and for many of us came only after we left the WTS. But for now, you are in pain and are looking for relief. Since you are still living at home, leaving the WTS could pose major problems, but you must set that as a goal. Once that is done, then you can stop participating in the meetings, going out in the field service, and doing the other Witness things. In the meantime, I leave you with this thought from Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken":

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

—Robert Frost

Quendi
  • LV101
    LV101

maybe starting a life in another city might be something to consider. after all, one has to live/work where it's profitable. if you're having panic attacks make appointment for therapy and use your mental condition as an excuse. i know two younger individuals (raised in the cult) who use mental problems and nausea/extreme dizziness to keep from attending. gotta love it! one attends once in a blue moon to make her mother happy.

if individuals could walk away from the cult no matter no matter it might diminish its power, but i do understand why many are stuck inside and it makes me sick. where's the law of protection for religious freedom in this country for the individual. talk about a law protecting corporations/religions AND NOT THE INDIVIDUAL, but i won't go there.

best to you and start planning.

• John Locke
    John Locke

royally fucked up.... lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One plan, albeit potentially extremely expensive, is to move to a country halfway around the world. Once you do that, without letting the witlesses know where you are, they are going to have a miserable time trying to locate you. You will probably run into more witlesses in your new country, at which point you say you are not interested. The drawbacks are you will lose your family, and it will almost certainly be a lot of work (visas, passports, and so on to worry about along with the packing, plus sending your stuff halfway around the world isn't so easy as across town) and money. But, if they did find you in your new country, it would be very close to requiring Jehovah's guidance to do it.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

I tried and rode the fence for a long time. All it gave me was a chapped ass. I'm on the apostate side now, and although angry/grieving a little, I'm breathing easier, living in my own skin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit