The Meetings Really Suck Lately

by Pika_Chu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Warning.....profanity ahead...wimps may want to leave this page...

Perhaps it's stupid bringing this up when all you guys are up to speed with how the GB is full of shit anyway, but I just feel like complaining about it. The Borg is royally fucked up, and we need to call them out on it.

All the talks are about Armageddon being close, closer than ever, etc. You know, the usual crap...we've all heard a thousand times...PUKE PUKE...

Then there's the added factor that everyone in my congo is actually convinced that they CANNOT miss even a SINGLE meeting. They really think that any day now, they're gonna go to the meeting and they're gonna have a big announcement about the Great Tribulation starting. So basically, paranoid BS...and everyone is that much more convinced they need to go to the meetings and never miss any of them.

Sucks for them because the meetings really blow more than usual now.

And I have nothing against anyone in my congo on an individual basis. For the most part, everyone fits the sweet-but-crazy-old-people demographic. They don't annoy me as PEOPLE, yet I get pissed a lot talking with them for ovious reasons...oh well...I say, if you're gonna live a double life, do it good. It's hard not to get upset going to the meetings in general, but lately I've really had to play low key and keep my apostate ideas to myself.

The Watchtower today about clear warning signs sucked SO HARD. Aside from the crazy ass contradictions within the article itself, it's just a total failure. I think I'm going to actually wipe my ass with this one.

And it's totally twisted. I only went to please my family (still living with parents; my god, I need to move out already!). I care so much about keeping the peace I'm leading a double life. I don't really care about "being my own person" or whatever it's called. I mean, I'm me when I log into this website, I'm me when I do my blogs, I'm me around my non-dub friends. I'm only a dub to the people who want to see me as one, lest they lose their shit and decide to shun me. And considering it's family, it'll hurt them just as much as it hurts me, and it's not even their fault. FUCK CULTS. I just want to make everyone in my life happy, I have nothing but good intentions, yet this totally fucks everything up. With the WT, you just can't freaking win, can you?

The meetings are more and more focused on avoiding apostates and keeping close to the org, because Armageddon's right around the corner...bullshit. And so many of us are totally screwed over and it just seems to get worse, the more the Org pressures JWs to stick close to it and what not.

How the heck do some of you guys do it? I keep having breakdowns and panic attacks. It freaking sucks and it's so hard to maintain my sanity. How do you guys put up with this shit? It's hard.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Lately! they have always really really sucked

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The Borg is royally fucked up, and we need to call them out on it.

So, what else is new? haven't been to the KH in more than twenty years and same holds true for me as well.. . .and it will always be that way, they're F**d up for the rest of their existence !!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Nothing has changed, I see.

They always were that way. ;)

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Lately! they have always really really sucked

Good point.

• Farkel
    Farkel

If it is any consolation, that exact same shit existed 40 years ago in my KHalls. Nothing has changed, really.

: oh well...I say, if you're gonna live a double life, do it good.

Yeah. You could also "do it well" and keep the grammar police from knocking at your door.

Farkel

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, Pika:

I feel for you, especially since you still live at home. As a people-pleaser myself, I understand what it is not to be my true self.

Perhaps reading the comments of fellow sufferers on the thread cited below will offer some encouragement.

Take care,

CoCo

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/215678/1/Not-Raising-My-Hand-at-Tomorrows-WT-Study

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

How do I stay sane you ask? Therapy.
    I went for a few months, stopped, and then went again to address different issues. One of the issues dealt with being a JW.
    I also read a lot.
    Both have been tremendous in helping my sanity, even despite still attending the meetings with my wife.
    I find myself not having the anger I used to towards being misled.
    However, in my head, I do utter the occasional FU when I hear nonsense spit out at a meeting.

CoC

• Farkel
    Farkel

COC,

: Both have been tremendous in helping my sanity, even despite still attending the meetings with my wife.

:I find myself not having the anger I used to towards being misled.
    :However, in my head, I do utter the occasional FU when I hear nonsense spit out at a meeting.

That's all fine and dandy, but the sweetist music you will ever hear is the lack of din when you never hear another word at a Kingdom Hall again.

Until you reach THAT point and re-claim the life that has been stolen from you, you haven't even begun to live again.

Only and ONLY then will you know what freedom from religious tyranny is all about. And as hard as it is to hear, right now you are just a poser and a hypocrite and coward. I say this with much difficulty. It is a thing that is not easy to say, but it is a true thing to say. I honestly wish you well, and I will support you in any choice you make. I know your choices are difficult.

Farkel

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

How did I stay sane: I LEFT!

Seriously, i know it may be difficult, and it may involve a number of trials, but if you are suffering mentaly because of the borganisation (like i did), you MUST get out.

You CANNOT live this way.

The meetings have always been half bull. Sometimes you hear some good stuff from the bible there but all the crap about the FDS and the end of the world would really pi** me off if i was still there listening to it.

If you need any support just ask or send me a PM.

Timmy xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit