for those who went to the 9/11 WT on apostate post here

by darth frosty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Me & a super apostate friend went to a random hall in Detroit. Most people just read out of the magazine word for word. There were some personal experiences, though. One thing we had to try hard not to act all happy about was when this one brother was saying how the apostates were all around us, & "they" just recently went to the convention & left apostate materials in the contribution boxes, dropped them into bookbags & purses, etc. It was so funny because that was us! Word gets around I guess! Anyway, my friend acted like a "worldly" Christian who was just checking the JWs out. We sat together in the back row. She raised her hand to comment, but so did a sister 2 rows up. The conductor called on the sister by name, but the bro w/the mic was standing @ our row & seemed to be momentarily befuddled. He looked at my friend and she took that opportunity to reach out and take the mic. She acted all innocent & said "did you mean me?" The bro was like no, and started to say she needed to raise her hand, but...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I didn't go but had to study it in order to discuss it on Cult Free Radio. It made me sick. The worst thing about it is knowing that the people I used to call family and friends will judge me and my wife based on it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

(sorry posting from a phone)...the bro was like, ok go ahead and comment. My friend commented on 2 Pet 2:1-3 from the KJV & read the footnote too. I'm terrible because I forgot what she said other than something about liars. I commented on around para 12 about what we can do to avoid falling for Satan's lies. I said that the key to refuting a lie is to do careful research. I said "well, like there has been a story circulating that the JWs were involved w/the United Nations for many years. That actually seems to be true, though. The only way to really know the truth from a lie is to careful research." Which was not the answer they were looking for. Some people were staring, and the conductor just froze for a second. Unbelievably, noone refuted what I said. After the meeting 2 sisters cornered me as I was leaving & interrogated me.

• zoiks
    zoiks

serenitynow! -

My new hero.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Awesome, serenitynow!

In what way did they interrogate you? Did they want more info about the UN or were they interrogating you to find out "how do you know about that?!?"

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

First, there was a lot of traffic around us. Brothers kept walking around and behind our row. I was nervous because I had a camcorder peeking out of the top of my purse that I was trying to hide (which totally ruined the sound :-( ) & my friend had her voice recorder on her lap. Then a sister came and sat next to my friend. She kept sneaking glances into my friend's bag. My friend left during the song. The sister that sat in my row introduced herself, asked my name & I gave my first name. She asked what hall I went to. I told her I don't go anywhere anymore but I read the lit sometimes. She asked if I was going to "come back" & I was like "eh" while I frowned & shook my head. She said "we need you to come back." Thats when the other sister approached. They asked, "was your friend's name really Mona?" Did you 2 use to go to the same hall? Do you live in this territory? Did you invite her (friend) or did she invite you? They wanted to know why we chose their hall. I smiled & said we just decided to stop in.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Yeah, how did they interrogate?! What did they say? I'm on the edge of my seat. lol

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Wow serenitynow! Good job, you're so bold!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Serenity you know youi have to PM or FB me which hall you went to.

Good job!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

One good comment for someone to make at the meeting would be how before 1975 apostacy was hardly mentioned but after 1975 apostacy has been mentioned over 500 in WT literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit