for those who went to the 9/11 WT on apostate post here

by darth frosty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just would like to have a place for those who went today to post their experience and the reception of the 7/15 study article on apostates.

• Shador
    Shador

Went. Didn't comment. Made me angry and disgusted. Really wishing I could get some big financial break so I could move out of my parent's house and start my fade.

• mrquik
    mrquik

After that article, I feel like I'm doing my apostate best. Maybe I need to sacrifice a cat or somthing to be a good apostate. Maybe I'll just kick a puppy.......

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I went for the brunt of the Machiavellian bullfest. I don't know how I stayed that long.

But it was interesting. I heard one bro. go on about how he 'heard about a brother' who was a big "apostate". His name was 'Penton and he started his own religion, the Pentonites'.

Yep. He said that.

Then there was another bro. who was more interesting still. He said he saw some really bad apostate stuff. It was a sticker on a phone booth (he cleaned them) that had a few quotes from the Watchtower on it. It was really bad he said. Because it had some Watchtower quotes.

Imagine. Bad Watchtower quotes. (Gotta love them Watchtower quotes)

But then he tried to validate himself by adding that, ..'well, that wasn't so bad, but it was really bad because it had the Watchtower logo on it and that's illegal'. Sure. What made the sticker so contemptible was that it had some real, honest Watchtower quotes on it AND it bore the Watchtower official LOGO.

This bro. had a nervous breakdown back then, literally, (hospital and all) because phone booths all over town had these stickers (I heard). He was going out of his mind scraping them off. He could barely keep up. So easy to put on, so hard to remove. Aparently.

Then, they started to appear on the bus stops. I heard that the phone at the hall began ringing because they were appearing on businesses all over town and people were getting pissed at the dubs. That was another bro. cleaning those bus stops. I haven't heard his lament. Yet.

Anyway, phone booth boy just got his mind back recently. Enough so that he could rant at the tower today about his stickers, and his comments clearly betrayed his deep seated anger.

He lost his position cleaning the booths for Bell Telephone when he went mad temporarily. He lives very lean these days. Tough when you live on charity.

It's a shame really, that a simple few Watchtower quotes, out of the Kingdom Hall context, can make a dub go nutty. He's obviously read those Watchtower words before, but not on a phone booth where the public can see it too. And the public seeing it, well that just brings up the shame like a mixture of over spicy mexican food and bad lunchmeat.

There it is, right there where everone can see your nakedness. Shame!

I saw that sticker too, on the bus stops. Damned shameful I'd say. It said "only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved" and "now is a time for war"....

Shameful, just shameful.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I heard one bro. go on about how he 'heard about a brother' who was a big "apostate". His name was 'Penton and he started his own religion, the Pentonites'.

LOL!!!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I take it there was some kind of article in the WT recently about people who don't believe the silliness any longer.

Did the article point out how bad people are, who have been able to see through the ridiculous misrepresentation of reality?

Did the article point out how bad people are, who discovered the real history of the Watchtower religion?

Did the article point out how bad people are, who have had the courage to leave a harmful cult that disguises itself as a religion of love?

Just curious....on second thought...I'm actually not that curious.

Actually reflecting on some real heros, and the events of 9/11...and how many problems the world must still endure because of certain people hanging on to primitive religious thinking.

FAITH can be a very dangerous thing.

I encourage all those who still have religious leanings to think clearly about the value of human life before you follow through on ANYTHING that will hurt another person all in the name of FAITH.

Peace to all,

The Oracle

• I quit!
    I quit!

Was the same information printed in the Watchtower they place with the general public?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Iquit this was the study article in the Kool-aide edition.

Oracle you hit the nail on the head thats exactly what it was about.

In truth I feel its impact was lost on most there. The die hards ate it up but the common JW just going thru the motion I dont think they cared.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I found the magazine and thumbed through it. I found this quote interesting:

"apostates are "mentally diseased" and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings"

I feel sorry for those of you who have to go to the KH and listen to the poison they spew from the platform.

In the paragraph that followed the above quote they try to explain why jdubs shouldn't listen to anything that doesn't agree with the Watchtower. It says because they love truth they are not interested in twisted teachings. The gullible don't seem to understand that truth can stand up to anything and only fear of truth would keep them from investigating something they have been taught.

What really comes in this article is the Watchtower's fear of truth and fear of being investigated.

Well I'm done. Can't stomach reading much of this cultish vomit.

Later when I'm not so queasy I'll look to see if Blondie posted any comments on this article.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Thanks Darth

I found my wife's and thumbed through it. YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit