Former JW. money counter at district conventions tells all.

by koolaid-man 55 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Iamallcool, that's Byron Brown, mayor of Buffalo, NY.

~Sue

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I just said it in my previous post before you posted here.

• sizemik
    sizemik

allcool has a point . . . you need to explain yourself Rick . . .

This is not a good look . . . especially on JWN.

• Iamallcool
  • AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I really want to do my best to be empathetic. I really do.

Rick used to be a JW, and clearly was hurt. For that, he merits my empathy.

I first came across Rick's website as I was leaving JW's. My first thought was "This is a dis-service to those trying to expose JW's." Such a website can only attract the mentally ill.

Rick, when I look at your website, and your tactics specifically, I am reminded of why I never wanted my whole JW past to dominate my future. It would be so easy for me, who has lost my entire family, almost killed in Cameroon, to be VERY sensationalistic.

I highlight the difference between you and me, because I am not there yet. I still come here to hang out. I get pissed off occasionally. Still. But one thing I won't do is lie.

I realize you only answer to yourself. That is fine. I bet that you don't care what I or others here say.

Sadly, I bet you feed off our negative (and honest) feedback.

I have no expectation that you will listen. I don't say this other then to say, you are wrong, no matter how good intentioned you view yourself.

• sizemik
    sizemik

AllTimeJeff . . . I hear where you're coming from here.

It's uncomfortable when someone of shared experience . . . who suffered the same . . . is still on the other side of a fence.

In listening to and hearing the positive things some say of Rick . . . and believe at his core, Rick is not so bad . . . but it's hard not to feel disappointment.

As an opinion rather than a judgement, I think Rick's feelings toward the WT$ are dominated by his strong desire to bring them down as an Organisation. Integrity is often sacrificed on the Altar of vengeance or hatred . . . what some might call "theocratic warfare" I suppose.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Rick, get a fuggin CLUE already and stop your bullshit. I have never called for ANYONE to be banned on JWD before, but I think Simon needs to put a stop to your self-promoting, sensationalist CRAP - which is what every post from you is.

I swear, you make Aguest look sane!

POSEUR!!!

- Wing Commander

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Iamallcool,

I asked who Byron Brown was first, if you want to be technical.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you get the partial credit too.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Partial?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit