Does your conscience ever hurt you for........

by journey-on 15 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

.....bringing someone into the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses? Personally, I had several Bible studies, but thankfully, never got any of them all the way to baptism. My conscience is clear.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

mine is for the most part clean too. Did study with one girl whos mom is a JW and she got baptized. But, she would have anyway....

Pioneered for 13 years and not a one!FS

• journey-on
    journey-on

I have a JW friend, elder's wife, nearing 60 who was raised in it, has been zealous all her life, has been in parts at assemblies, has never been inactive, and has conducted dozens of Bible studies over the years. Not one....Zero....Nada.....has she ever brought into the cult. I know several like that. Yet, even today when I talk to her, she tells me that the organization is growing by leaps and bounds. She tells me they are building new KHs all over the place.

Who/where is the growth coming from?

• watersprout
    watersprout

I was such a rubbish dubbie... Never had one bible study and I always forgot to ''return'' on my return visits... Well I had babysprout but I didn't really study with her, got the ''bible book of shat'' out occasionaly. Carrot never bothered teaching babysprout either.

So yeah my conscience is clear on that front.

Peace

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Only my wife and kids.

I have apologished for my stupidity.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I'm in the same boat as dear Black Sheep, dear JO (peace to you, both!); only immediate family and did apologize. I did go to each of the four people I was studying with at the time... and called those I had studied with whose numbers I still had... and apologized to them, as well. I told them that I no longer believed the WTBTS was the "truth"... and explained why. I told the current studies that I would pass their names on to someone if they wanted to continue studying. All declined.

So my conscience is clear as to all of them. I don't think it ever will be, however, regarding those for whom I either may have planted a WTBTS seed which they pursued beyond me... or who I helped another JW "convince" and/or bring in (I sat in on a LOT of studies, so...). This is the reason for my personal vow, to never lie on or about God, Christ, or the Bible again.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• rebel8
    rebel8

I never had a study.

I did feel horrible for being a bad example to others, worrying maybe by my actions I influenced someone to join or stay in. I remember some young children in the congregation saying they wanted to be like me, a pioneer. I worry I may have influenced them.

I spent a few years helping people out, and helped many. I was trying to make up for some of the damage I may have done.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I feel regret at having raised my kids almost to adulthood in the troof.

My boy was about 14 and my girl was about 16 or 17 when they quit, and I was 37 when I attended my last meeting as a JW.

My boy quit first followed by me a couple months later, and then my daughter only a couple of months after me.

So, we all quit in the same 1/2 of the year.

I've apologized for raising them in it.

I tried to be good and do the right thing not knowing it was the wrong thing.

I feel bad for it.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I've had a few successful studies. I have to say that I don't feel regret at all.

There are some nuts in our faith mind you, but, there are some genuine friends in here as well. Some have problems with family that are out of the faith, and are dealing with that in a fine way. Probably not in the way the ORG wants them to deal with it, however, these are still God Fearing individuals. Some of my studies have fallen inactive and faded. We still chat with each other and I don't grill them.

I know that some bring in studies and many don't come into the faith. I think that this is great. People are wise enough not to jump into something that they can't live with.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Despite that I was regularly hounded by the pio-sneers to follow up on all return visits and calls, I never got anyone into the cancer. Usually I would dog my calls--until the pio-sneers start writing down my calls so they could hound me to return on them. And then I would usually just leave another washtowel and asleep rag, and just keep playing that game until I could snake on those calls. Eventually, I started going out rarely enough so I never got any calls--despite that one of the pio-sneers decided that I should be developing a specific call.

What happened was that I was with some pio-sneers when I placed a set of rags. They decided that I should make this "my call", and push for a study. Of course, it was yet another of those disgustingly ugly men--I did not want this call. That was near the beginning of my doing one hour of field circus per month, and I was not about to start going out 2 or 3 times a damn week just so I could court other men into the cancer. Ultimately, I snake-studied, and it ended up in the rubbish. (Along with my whole call book--somewhere in the landfill along with other rubbish).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit