Tuesday, September 11, 2001 - The Day My JW Faith Began to Die (finally)

by AllTimeJeff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That event helps one to realize what the org is really saying. The idea that 7 billion humans will be executed in a horrible way by a being who expects you to love and respect and obey it so you don't get murdered as well is pretty crazy.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Very interesting.

9/11 was one of the things that jump-started my awakening, too.

• carla
    carla

Thanks for sharing that Jeff.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

AllTimeJeff:

Good story. When 9/11 happened and all those people died, I realized to myself that I did not want to witness the death of a whole world as what would happen at Armageddon. This was just on a small scale and I could not imagine being surrounded by something like this on a larger scale. So, all the JW ignorant talk we heard all through the years was just so much fluff. They are so deluded and imagine they are going to just close their eyes for a few minutes and "presto" all the bad will be over.

Flipper:

I was also horrified by some ignorant, callous remarks that were made by stupid JWs. I know it is unkind to wish anything bad on people, so I won't say what I thought at the time!!! It was also rumored through the grapevine that somebody in HQ made a remark about the 13 or so JWs who died in the Trade Towers. This person was rumored to have made a remark along the lines of: "well, that's what they get for not being out in service..." or some such thing. I can hardly believe that somebody would say something like this!

Actually my faith in the JW religion was over before 9/11. In fact, I was not one of the "inactives" who went running back to the meetings because Armageddon was coming.

• erbie
    erbie

Well done you! Well done indeed. A very honest and open story.

I myself never became an elder. I was a mini serpent but they were grooming me as elder material. Our po said I would make a great elder. At the time I viewed that as a comliment but now that I am wiser I see it as an insult.

I consider myself far too honest and open to ever have succeeded as an elder.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Thank you for your story!!!

Glad you got out!FS

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Jeff,

That was a wonderful account - you are a good writer. I too remember thinking similar thoughts on that day, but mine were more like:

"Could there be a new world power on the scene?"

and...even more heavy:

"If this turns out to be an attack born of religious motives, will that move the UN to turn on religion?"

It was all we talked about back then, when being in the "troof" meant the world to me, but the world was VERY small.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That was a really good story. Thank you for sharing it. Have you written yet about your experiences at Gilead? I would like to read about that too!

Thanks again!

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, that was beautiful.

I was 24 when appointed as an elder and about 3 years later I was a Presiding Overseer. I was raised to be an elder. (Sad and )...... I remember people saying on 9/11 and soon thereafter how "happy" they were that such a thing happened. I, from the platform actually scolded such ones, including a couple of elders for having joy over such a tragedy.

What a Christ like religion, huh?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

oh re-read your life story... and cried a second time!!!!!!!!!! FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit