As A JW Were You Generally Feeling Guilty Over One Thing Or Another?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

I am happier and evolving now that I left that cult.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Yes, and quite often. But after getting some therapy I realized that the religion wasn't the only problem. My upbringing was also involved.

Now, I feel I am doing quite well in dealing with those feelings since discovering the root of it. It has reached the point that I can't remember the last time I had feelings of guilt, or at least in an overwhelming way.

I really have come to find a peace in my life that I can never recall having before. I still "am a JW", that is I attend the meetings with my wife, but am inactive in the ministry and don't participate in much of anything JW related.

And now, how did James Brown say it?

CoC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

While I was going in, I felt guilt for normal things--normal desires like actually finding Christmas decorations appealing, not being able to pass December 25 or my birthday without thinking of it as any different than any other day, and even normal physical sensations that are too normal to describe in detail. Later, they tried the guilt thing because I didn't do enough field circus or because I didn't pio-sneer.

Ultimately, I decided that they were getting only what they deserved. If they were going to say that I had to just meet men, I was better off without those cockroaches. I also realized that, the more they removed whatever value was still present, the less incentive I had to remain regular. They were going to reap what they have been sowing--just like everyone else (even Jehovah, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, is not above that rule). When it became obvious that they were not going to increase the value of my going to things, I ended up quitting altogether and no longer recommend it. Guilt? Not when the ultimate guilt trip would have been for me to get into the New Dark Ages, and there is nothing but men and it's all because I insisted on being there. Anything else would be wimp-guilt compared to that.

• minimus
    minimus

exjws are the "happiest people on earth".

• slipnslidemaster
  • man oh man
    man oh man

I only feel guilty about those painted on swimsuits! Man I love sports illustrated! Must be the lust in the strated?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This should be one of the baprism questions "Do you recognize that as one of Jehovah's Witnesses you will live a life riddled with guilt?"

Guilt over being jealous over positive experiences, guilt over feeling I hate reading or listening to how wonderful everyone else is, guilt over wanting to stay in from service, guilt over thibking the meeting was so boring, guilt over wanting oral sex from your husband, guilt over exercising instead of reading my magazine, guilt over being upset with a sister even though she accused you of being a racist towards prople of your own race,it goes on & on. As a parent you find yourself saying things to your child to induce guilt.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

man oh man

• sizemik
    sizemik
    ExJWs seem more content and less filled with worry and guilt.

Absolutely!

The WTS creates both guilt and fear . . . and then sets about appeasing it with their "Bible-based" promises. In other words . . . they first give you the disease . . . so you then become dependent on the cure. Classic cult mind-control technique.

Good question minimus . . . nice pic fsp . . . pitty you didn't snap her coming back.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I would be banned from the site if I showed them LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit