Suggestions for finally talking to my parents about my doubts?

by stillstuckcruz 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I'm sure no matter what, he wont tell my parents or the elders.

There have been quite a few threads on here where people have been ratted out by Dubs they thought they could trust.

Tell your brother nothing until after you have finished your degree in a related branch of psychology.

Ask him a couple of well selected questions in such a way that he feels he must find an answer, but do that without telling him anything new. Choose something out of current literature and add nothing but critical thinking.

Any question must undermine selection in 1919 to be god's sole channel as that is the primary doctrine that holds them all captive. It is the blood supply that keeps belief in their non-scriptural, unscientific, historically incorrect, dishonest, doctrines alive.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Advice to a young man considering spilling doubt beans to his trusted brother - DON'T

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I have GOOD NEWS!!!! I just told my brother everything because I couldn't take it anymore. I explained a couple of things such as new light. And his explantion was God awful. But he agreed to read the book CoC. So Im really happy. I have no idea what kind of view hell take but I'm happy that at least he has an open mind about it. I have such a HUUUGe sigh of relief for getting that off my chest. :)

• out4good3
    out4good3

"Eating Popcorn"........

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Hey, stillstuck--that's great news! I read your story with interest b/c our situations are very similar except I'm about 20 years older than you. I recently went through a grueling session w/my own parents who are uber-zealous and I have to say, you are getting excellent advice from folks in this thread.

Anyway, if your brother reads CoC, then it will be game over for him, if he's got half your brains. I think it's one of the most--if not THE MOST--power ful books written about the organization.

Please keep us posted.

• He man Witness
    He man Witness

My suggestion:

Take it easy, slowly, you don't need directly speak about this.

You can to expose your doubts in a way of questions. Is necesary this..? What happen if...?

Maybe, 'cuz your age, your actitude would be take it like "revelty" or what ever, but no like a seriour doubts.

The major probe of the big fraud was the JW is are the same magazinnes that first says Yes and then says no, for the "new light". If you can find this magazzines and show them, maybe, this will be more serious and you have more ways to prove your point of view.

(Sorry for bad english)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I have GOOD NEWS!!!! I just told my brother everything because I couldn't take it anymore. I explained a couple of things such as new light. And his explantion was God awful. But he agreed to read the book CoC. So Im really happy. I have no idea what kind of view hell take but I'm happy that at least he has an open mind about it. I have such a HUUUGe sigh of relief for getting that off my chest. :)

Thank you for this update. If he will read CoC, it could very well be a game-changer for him. Please keep us posted, if possible. (Hassan's book will help with the 'Where else would we go?' issue.)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

He needs to start CoC as soon as possible because he's going to be thinking about how "apostate" it is in the meantime. Tomorrow's Watchtower study is specifically to get people in the Borg to NOT read that kind of stuff and to NOT listen to their enlightened brother stillstuckcruz.

If there is any way you can get him to skip tomorrow's meeting and do something fun with you, that would be great.

And again, a promise to read the book isn't the same as having read the book. Until he does, he's still a possible rat.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Thank you for this update. If he will read CoC, it could very well be a game-changer for him. Please keep us posted, if possible. (Hassan's book will help with the 'Where else would we go?' issue.)

^I do indeed believe that to be the case. I am trying every avenue I can to obtain a copy of Hassan's book. It seems the two books work well interchangably it seems.

MAd Sweeney- I will explain to him the the reason I mention this now as opposed to later was in light of tomorrows WT study. I feel if I mentions that he wont think of the WT so much as "timely" as they would call it. I will see if I get him started today. Our meeting is 9:30 AM so it has to start asap.

No chance of skipping the meeting. Parents would have a cow. lol. As far as him being a rat, I already know for a fact that won't be the case. Of course, nothing is 100 certain. But from his uncertain and obviously ignorant answers to my questions, Its obvious he is not totally sold on every teaching.But I told him that if he reads the book in its entirety and is still 100% conviced its the truth w/o a doubt, I will never mention it again. We'll see what happens *crosses fingers*

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can begin having a dialogue with his "authentic" personality? How? By discussing some of his hopes, dreams and desires that cannot be fulfilled, so long as he is a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit