Do you still call it The Truth"?

by mamamo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Even many years later, old habits die hard and it is easy to slip into JWspeak when in their company. If I catch myself though, I say "The Society" or "The Organization". If I having a ding-dong with my wife it might be "YOUR religion"

• wobble
    wobble

That is the main expression that they use that really jars with me, occasionally my wife has used it over the last few years, fobbing off my protestations with :

"Well, you know what I mean".

In the end I said either refer to it as "The Deception" or as The Dubs or something, I pleaded with her never to call it "The Truth" again.

She hasn't, which is good, as sometimes a smack in the mouth offends.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Only sarcastically.

I was in the Navy and I cursed "like a sailor." I came into the JW's and easily broke myself of that habit.

I decided when I was fading out that I had to do the same with the Cult Loaded Language. I never use it unless I am poking fun. Even when I was still at the Hall for awhile, I never used JW terms. "Field Service" is "recruiting" and was "literature distribution" when I was still at the KH.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Never.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

No,in fact I HATE that term.There is no bigger lie han calling that cult "the truth"..Grrrrr.Its like saying,"Come on now,its just a shower"......grrrrr

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

No never, I hate it, if i'm talking to a jw or family member I always say "the JWs" or "the false" not "the truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit