Do you still call it The Truth"?

by mamamo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

I spent sometime with a fellow ex JW yesterday. We had grown up in the same congregation and left within a few years ago. She referred to it as "The Truth." I quickly said that in no way was it "The Truth." I think of all the exes I grew up with, I am the only one who has done the research and can see that it isn't "The Truth." Of the 4 of us who were in the same graduating class, 3 have left and one is wishy-washy.

Do you ever refer to it as "The Truth"? And why?

• bafh
    bafh

I do sometimes as a shorthand handle in conversation only with current JWs, and when it happens it's usually a slip of the tongue. Generally I try to be aware not to use it at all. When I do, it in no way reflects that I think it IS "The Truth."

I'm fading, so I have to be careful to fit in as much as possilbe without going back.

*edited "as a shorthand handle in conversation..."

• journey-on
    journey-on

NEVER NEVER NEVER.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Only sarcastically.

• cantleave
    cantleave

No!!! It is always referred to as the JW-cult by me. The term "truth" really grates on me as does the name Jehovah!

• Sulla
    Sulla

Actually, it took a while to get out of the habit. We'd say, "Back when we were in the Truth..." and so on. It's like changing the name of your dog, or something: requires a real effort to remember.

• fade_away
    fade_away

I don't. Not anymore. my father in law is halfway out but claims to be in. He calls it "the religion" instead of "the truth" though. That tells me he doesn't believe it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Jesus is "The Truth"

Jesus is "The Channel" or "The Way"

Jesus is "Our Salvation"; there is no other name or organization under heaven, that we can or must go to for salvation, contrary to the teachings of the WTBTS.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Due to habit I catch myself about to say it. Which to me is progress soon I that won't even happen.

• Iamallcool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit