If John and Paul were alive today wouldn't they be put on medication and kept in a loony ward?

by highdose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• highdose
    highdose

Serioulsy read some of their stuff and theres clear symtoms there of either drug taking and or mental insanity.

These days men claiming to have god talking to them, seeing mythical animals, rambling for chapters and chapters at a time in such a way that not even your contempories can figure out. Are given medication for their troubles, conseling and if needed put in a pyshco ward.

• Terry
    Terry

Paul is still alive and so is Ringo.

Sadly, John and George are the ones who are dead.

If all were alive I doubt there would be a reunion concert though......

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol Terry!!!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I just learned that psychoactive drugs were common in the first century. Also, there is a fungus that grows on grains that in the unsanitary environments before the industrial revolution has certain psychoactive effects (and that's why in the Middle Ages, there were reports of whole towns seeing things that never existed).

• sizemik
    sizemik

John was in a psycho ward on Patmos wasn't he?

I'm sure it's in the Bible.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I think John was perfectly sane. He was just writing a typical apocalyptic narrative. It's Paul I feel sorry for- poor guy, it seems quite likely he had malaria, which was common in the swamps of Asia Minor at that time, and yeah well, he was a bit touched by the sun. Nothing modern medication couldn't fix, I guess.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL trans

• Scully
    Scully

Pat Condell stated that Patmos has psylocybin mushrooms growing all over the place, and claims that John wrote Revelation under their influence.

That would explain a lot.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Also, don't forget that a lot of what they wrote back then was in code. There are those that interpret Revelation entirely in the framework of Nero's persecution of Christians and it fits as much if not better than the JW or other interpretations of an end-time apocalypse.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have a friend who tried their mushrooms and says they are just as good as the Australian varieties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit