If John and Paul were alive today wouldn't they be put on medication and kept in a loony ward?

by highdose 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I think John was perfectly sane. He was just writing a typical apocalyptic narrative.

A typical apocalyptic narrative eh? Sheesh, I need to read more!

Patmos has psylocybin mushrooms growing all over the place, and claims that John wrote Revelation under their influence.

Hence my cryptic reference . . . thank you Scully.

Interesting angle AnonyMouse . . . must look into that

• AnneB
    AnneB

Count me in with the worldly ones! I'm like....Paul died???

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Nah

they would be on here

giving obves and Lars a run for their money!

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik
    There are those that interpret Revelation entirely in the framework of Nero's persecution of Christians. . . . AnonyMous

Hmmm . . . after some quick research it would appear this is in fact a fairly widely held viewpoint, particularly among mainstream Christianity . . . based on fairly sound scholarly reasoning as well.

Thank you transhuman . . . it would also appear that apocalyptic narrative was a popular writing form in ancient times . . . especially the first century. Kind of like their version of science fiction almost . . . but with a practical or contemporary theme that was historically relevant.

I wonder why God felt the need to imitate this particular writing style, contemporary of it's day. He liked to stay in fashion perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit