Another step in healing from the days as a JW

by FlyingHighNow 22 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

OTWO, I guess you read more into my comment than I said. I was talking about the 2 couples, never mentioned your wife. Since they were the ones seemingly sitting in judgment on you, I wondered how much anyone's so-called spiritual status meant to them since it did not bother them to be around non-jws. I did not include your wife (or even thought it) since she was not sitting in judgment on you. As to their being there, I assume they were properly chaperoned since there were 4 of them and had most likely come together.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No, no. I just answered from my perspective and went beyond your question in answering. I get that you were asking about them and their going to rub elbows with non-JW's but then avoiding one of them. I think my answer was meant to say that they probably were only associating with JW's as much as possible and were using the situation to group date. They lightly talked to my wife and discovered she was JW (or more likely had seen her at the KH. This was in the area of the KH that holds 3 or 4 congregations and they probably all went to the same one- including my wife.)

I was trying to stay on the "healing" or "growing" aspect of the thread. I don't ask, I don't care. When my wife took such lessons, it never bothered me.

Blondie, you are right that they were in the judgement seat when it was really inappropriate for them who put themselves amongst 'worldly' people.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm not there, yet, but it'll be nice when it happens.

I still flip a bird at the khalls I pass in my car.

Feels good to do that.

Still bitter

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, I don't know if all the bitterness is gone. You kind of don't realize you're bitter sometimes until you see it fading. I just got a letter from my landlord raising my rent, yet again. That will be $80, a bit each new lease, in four years. I am ticked about that right now. Grrrrr. I probably would flip a KH right about now.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

So encouraging to hear about you healing FHN...I agree ...the anger/bitterness dissipates in waves. I'm glad when more and more of it leaves me. Positive stuff.... but as for the GB or whoever the hell is in charge up there...I cant find any compassion for them at all, either.

Loz x

• FlyingHighNow
  • Broken Promises
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, BP.

• just fine
    just fine

It does fade in time. I have been out since 98 and I am happy, content and at peace with my life. Back then there was no peace I feel sorry for the sadness I see in my family's eye's (they are all still in). They are sad, tired, and lonely and I am the one at peace. It's all good........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just fine, you sound just fine and that's just fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit