EXCLUSIVE NEW LIGHT! How to calculate the length of the overlapping generations - SCRIPTURALLY!

by agonus 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That LIGHT has gotten so bright that the GB is now completely BLINDED to reality, logic and reason!

• lastchance
    lastchance

I THINK THE POINT HERE is, THE GREEK WORD FOR GENERATION AS USED IN MATTHEW 24 VRS 34 IS GENEA THIS IS HOW IT IS DEFINED BY THE GREEK LEXICON :

1. fathered, birth, nativity
    2. that which has been begotten, men of the same stock, a family
    3. the several ranks of natural descent, the successive members of a genealogy
    4. metaph. a group of men very like each other in endowments, pursuits, character
    5. esp. in a bad sense, a perverse nation
    6. the watchtower is using this 2nd definition to explain generation. the annionted no matter there age are of the same stock or family, thus being of this generation.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    St George was the same greek word for generation used in both texts?

I'm no Greek student but I looked in my Kingdom Interlinear Translation and it would appear to be the same word except plural in Matt 1 of course.

George

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks St George, particularly for your re-mention of Matt 1:17

• Fernando
    Fernando

St George, just loved your calculation, brilliant.

Now if you can just add some overlapping gymnastics we'll also vote you genius...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Overlapping gymnastics you ask? How about: If a generation could overlap once, why not twice, three times ... or any number of times? How many do we need? Are we there yet?

Rinse, lather, repeat ... To Infinity and Beyond!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The overlapping generations explanation for the simplified version of the WT

You spin me right round, baby
    right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round
    You spin me right round, baby
    Right round like a record, baby
    Right round round round

• Terry
    Terry

Governing Body: "We know stuff!"

Public: "What kind of stuff?"

GB: "Stuff nobody else knows that comes from Jehovah"

Public: "How do you do it?"

GB: "Jehovah speaks it into us with holy spirit"

Public: "Are you saying you don't make mistakes?"

GB: "We're only human!"

Public: "How do you know which part is human and which part is holy spirit?"

GB: "Don't ask so many damned questions!"

• Intel
    Intel

Very good Terry

Do you know the story of "Kissing Hank's Ass?" Excellent for a good laugh, plus it is soooooo JW...here is the link:

http://www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php

• Ding
    Ding

The "1914 generation" is now s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to mean overlapping lifespans of an anonymous group of "anointed" JWs.

The whole thing reminds me of that photo of President Nixon's secretary, Rosemary Woods, s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out with a telephone in her hand and her foot w-a-y over on a floor pedal, trying to explain how she accidently created an 18 1/2 minute gap in a key Watergate tape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit