EXCLUSIVE NEW LIGHT! How to calculate the length of the overlapping generations - SCRIPTURALLY!

by agonus 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• agonus
    agonus

OK, so the ONE scripture that supports the "overlapping generations" doctrine is the one about Joseph having brothers, right?

Well, then, logically, if that Scripture buttresses the glorious New Light - and we know how long THAT "generation" was - we should be able to calculate the date for Armageddon, no?

Allowing for a MAXIMUM period starting with the year of the birth of the eldest brother (Reuben if I'm not mistaken), and ending with the year of the death of the youngest (Benjamin, correct?), then apply that time period (or "overlapping generation") to 1914, what end date do we get?

Craptitude, folks, my exposition of that flash of brilliance was more lucid than the guy who invented it, our dear Zany-Brainy-Splaney!

Get your calculators ready, scholars! Ready... set... GO!

• bob1999
    bob1999

I'm not sure it matters.

This is how I think it will work in the end.

One person, born in 1914 [WTS "babies born at the start of WW1"] and latter becomes part of the 144,000 meets a baby one day before he dies at the age of 101.

That baby grows up and becomes part of the 144,000 and then lives to be 101.

The WTS bought themselves more than 100 years with the "new light".

Peace

• dgp
    dgp

I understand your points, guys, but I think that a smiley is worth a thousand words (read Galatians 1:22). This is what the overlapping generations look like:

See? Easy.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Millions living now will never die!.......... ha ha.

• Intel
    Intel

Millions now living will overlapp Millions being born now

This would give Rutherford a boner...

• St George of England
    St George of England

I've said this before but I'll say it again:

Why not let the Bible tell us how long a generation is:

(Matthew 1:17) 17 All the generations, then, from Abraham until David were fourteen generations, and from David until the deportation to Babylon fourteen generations, and from the deportation to Babylon until the Christ fourteen generations.

So from Abraham to Jesus 3 x 14 generations = 42 generations.

Abraham born 2018 BC, Jesus born 2 BC so 2016 years = 42 generations

2016 / 42 = 48 years per generation.

Don't the GB read the Bible any more?

George

• Listener
    Listener

St George was the same greek word for generation used in both texts?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The only time the governing body read the bible is at the meetings when everybody gets to read the cherry picked support scriptures.

Of course, i don't know this personally, but Raymond did...

oz

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If a generation could overlap once, why not twice ... or an infinite number of times?

Makes sense to me!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The way they explain the "overlapping generations" at this time still puts the overlapped annointed ones at a fairly old age, therefore they still claim an urgency ... the problem of course is they reserve the right under the guise of the light getting brighter to change the definition at any time.

That sure is one hell of a dimmer switch on that light I tell ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit