Okay I believe the Andre thing now.

by Sharpie 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Before, I was thinking, this whole thing with the character the writing department has must be a coincidence. They must use other names?

NOPE

Page 20: on the november 1st public edition.

What if your son does not like sports?

Andre fondly remembers the hours he spent

gazing at the stars with his son. “We would

set up deck chairs in the cold night air,” says

Andre. “Then we would wrap ourselves up

warmly and, with a cup of tea in hand, observe

the night sky.We talked about the One

who created the stars. We talked about personalmatters.

We talked about almost everything.”—

Isaiah 40:25, 26.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't follow. Is this post in response to something else?

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Thanks to pirata, here are some more of Andre's "goings on":

g9/09 p13: "We are servants of Almighty God and have done nothing wrong," replied Andre. The commanding officer grabbed a samurai sword from the wall and held it aloft. "What if I kill you now? he snarled.

w94 6:1 p6: On one occasion when his team played a tournament in Italy, they were invited to an audience with the pope. There was nothing spiritually upbuilding about the visit, and the worldy wealth that surrounded the pope upset Andre. His doubts about the Church deepened.

w 11/06 p18: A young man named Andre had similar thoughts [in regards to masturbation]: "I felt like such a hypocrite," he says. "It was a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and face the day."

g95 9/22 p6: French gambler Andre agrees: "When you've got FF10,000 on a horse and there are 100 metres to go, someone could tell you your wife or your mother had died and you wouldn't give a fig."

w87 7/22 p24: Young Andre adds: "The way you act at home is how you really are. When you go outside and associate with other people, sometimes you put on a whole different attitude. But when you're at home in an envoronment you're used to, you act the way you really are."

w92 10/1 p6: Simon Kimbunga and his successor Andre "Jesus" Matswa were hailed as messiahs. They died, but their followers still expect them to return and usher in an African millennium.

g90 4/8 p15: A youth named Andre observes: "A lot of youths wait until they are 17 or 18 to get baptized, which is a little old." Why? "Because long before that they're old enought to make other decisions for themselves."

g77 12/8 p 30: When six-year-old Andre's mother went into labor at home in New York, he was the only one there to help. "Go into the bathroom and fill a basin with hot water," he was instructed, and shortly the little boy "was helping his mother wash and was monitoring the delivery, telling her of the infant's progress,"

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Someone in the writing Dept. likes the Badboy Andre!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Sharpie:

"Far from registering complaints, individuals often express appreciation for the loving spiritual guidance they receive from elders...A 17-year-old named Andreas states: 'This is really Jehovah's organization, the best organization in the world.' Should we not be grateful for the goodness of the earthly part of Jehovah's organization?"

I always trust the words, wisdom and experience of 17-year-old guys.

WT, August 27, 2006

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/125673/1/Church-members-are-responsible-AWAKE-9-8-87-pp-10-11

CoCo

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

It'd be less subtle if they cycled though characters like names of hurricanes. This here just blows my mind.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Having a Crush on a young brother named Andre who is make believe .......

it isn't a sin.......

Until private time at night.....

Sinful thoughts

The GB must enjoy the Andre stories Also........

Yeah I went there Bethel......

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL you guys... Unbelievable. Andre must be something else.

• aristeas
    aristeas

OK, we/ve got such a diverse group of people here that we might be able to punch thru the wall of secrecy the borg likes to put up on sources. Let's suppose, for the fun of it, that Andre is/was a real person. What can we deduce about him from these 'random' comments/experiences?

He must be European or have spent time there and go back before the Euro (French Francs, g95 9/22 p6); he's undergone persecution (g9/09 p13); was raised in (g90 4/8 p15, g77 12/8 p 30); is hard line on sexual matters (w 11/06 p18); played organized sport(s) and visited Rome (w94 6:1 p6); and has raised kids (page 20: november 1st public edition)

So does all this strike a bell with anyone? If not, they maybe the membership here isn't big enough –or– the guy is a real fiction!

Pretty racy for the borg to print 'give a fig', eh?? BTW, Sharpie, thanks for the explanation. I was as lost as AudeSapere without it.

• mummatron
    mummatron
    He must be European or have spent time there and go back before the Euro (French Francs, g95 9/22 p6); he's undergone persecution (g9/09 p13); was raised in (g90 4/8 p15, g77 12/8 p 30); is hard line on sexual matters (w 11/06 p18); played organized sport(s) and visited Rome (w94 6:1 p6); and has raised kids (page 20: november 1st public edition)

With the exception of sexual matters, that pretty much describes Peter Andre...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1225453/Im-ready-sleep-woman-says-Peter-Andre.html

Peter Andre: Not the WTBT$'s poster boy...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9YHg07NLLc

Maybe WT Andre is his ('fleshly') brother......???!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit