"The organization has never disappointed us..."

by Franklin Massey 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Agonus, that does refer to Miller. Of course Rutherford admitted that "I made an ass of myself" referring to the 1925 prophetic failure. I guess that was not a disappointment either according to this WT mag.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

About LIES.....

George Costanza said it Best............

"It's Not a Lie.......... If you Believe it"

• Scully
    Scully

Well that's a reflection of the expectations that that person holds, and it plays right into the Organization™'s game plan when people have such low expectations of it that they are never ever disappointed.

In every relationship is the potential for disappointment. The only time a person is free from disappointment is when they stop having expectations of any kind of the other person. Does that sound like the kind of relationship that is healthy? Does it sound like there's mutual respect? Does it indicate that the manipulation has been so overwhelming and so pervasive that the innocent party just shuts off having any expectations at all out of self-preservation?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

For me a more recent disappointment was Sunday at the 2011 D.C. The WTBTS led the world to believe that the Society had 'New Light' on Daniel 2:31-45 regarding the 'Ten Toes'.

When the WTBTS failed to deliver as they said they would (based on the tract the was distributed) it brought to mind Proverbs 13:12 ......'Expectation postponed makes the heart sick.' And I'm sure many a JW's faith is declining and wobbly because of it.

You can add that disappointment to the list!

• Joliette
    Joliette

^^^^Can't stop laughing at the pic above

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah they need to sit there lying ass down.

MESSAGE TO THE WATCHTOWER AND THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE:

SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!!!

• unshackled
    unshackled

So if these kids had been alive post-2000, they could have gotten help with blood fractions? Disappointing the Organization was so slow on that "new light".

• journey-on
    journey-on
    The organization

It is those first two words that should make you stop and think. To me it has the same ring to it as saying "the CIA" or "the Mafia" or "the gang has never let you down".

It goes deep into your subconscious. In re-reading the quote, you are struck at how the separation between the leaders and the rank and file is emphasized,

the organization

vs.

us

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

unshackled, OUCH. Is there a thread that discusses that issue of AWAKE!? Were blood fractions really an issue in those cases? I would look it up myself but I don't have a the WT Library CD. I used to keep one with me here at work but I threw it away in a moment of anger.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I swear these guys are from Planet Claire.

The faithful are all disappointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit