Wanted: A few good men

by butalbee 42 Replies latest social relationships

• butalbee
    butalbee

Where do you go to meet a good man? Don't want to go to a bar, where all the men are drunks. Don't want to date anyone I work with anymore, it's too awkward. All my neighbors are married[lol], all my friends want to hook me up with their 'friend of a friend', but blind dates suck, I'd rather flirt with the guy for awhile, before actually going out on a date with him. Put up an ad? I might as well tack up poster around town: "horny girl searching for cute man", or put a sign on my back. Any suggestions???

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

ever think about hooking up with a woman *winkwink* ?

muhahahahah!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I've heard sky writing is rather reasonable these days and there is always the TV ads for the superbowl Oh, allright I will try to be serious a second... well actually this isn't a bad place to connect with people if you don't mind the long distance factor. If you prefer your manwich a little closer to home, you might try taking a class in a subject your enjoy at a local college, or doing things you enjoy...as you might just meet someone who has similar interests. Personally I like Internet personals as they can do a good screening job to filter out some of the weirdos but of course if you like weirdos there ya go.

Skipper

• cellomould
    cellomould

Butalbee,

Here's one idea:

Pay attention when you are in public. Make eye contact, and do not be ashamed to greet others, especially handsome young men. You don't have to flirt; just be polite and show personal interest if you are interested.

Where do you go frequently? Do you get around much in your neighborhood?

You can use casual conversation to initiate a personal conversation. Try to connect by engaging a person's mind. (Well, perhaps save this till after you offer your phone number.)

Have you ever offered a guy your phone number? Before he had to ask you?

This has worked wonderfully once for me. (not with a guy of course.) I offered a woman my phone number upon randomly meeting her at my bus stop, and she called me a couple of days later. Luck was on my side in that she had just arrived from Switzerland the previous day and needed a friend. I was only too happy to oblige. (She is here until the beginning of next month, but I have been quite the gentleman since she arrived. )

I have been too chicken on many other occasions to make that spark happen. And quite a few times, I knew what I was missing.

There's just a feeling sometimes; I can't explain it better than that.

p.s.: do you really mean 'a few'? If so, add me to your roster of new recruits!

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• Simon
    Simon

just email me

I think eye contact is the best with an inviting smile.

We guys can't resist that .

• qadreena
    qadreena

i agree with bitter mango, hook up with a woman!!!

you can find a man later

xxx angel xxx

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

What about here? haha.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    but blind dates suck

Would you like a blind date, then?

Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious setup line...

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

is there such a thing??? bad untheocratic QUEENIE wants to know then I will take it from there by choice !!!

• butalbee
    butalbee

Actually, I got asked out more before I dyed my hair blond, and I thought blonds had more fun...
    Bitter Mango: Never been w/ a woman, I kinda like what men have to, um, offer.
    cellomould: Are you available?
    Seeker: Are you asking me out?
    Simon:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit