watchtower saying that apostates are mentally ill?

by worried 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Take a look at the mess that was made of the "makeweight" thread over the weekend, for example.

Yeah, dear JW (peace to you!), that was something, wasn't it? I'm hoping it was just a drinking/smoking/medication or other pill-popping jag... versus some real mental malady.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Their coming to take me away ha ha

to the funny farm hmm where life is beautiful all the time

and i'll be happy to see those nice young men in the clean white (shirts) coats

• designs
    designs

In Committee Meetings any emotionalism was viewed as a negative. That's how poorly we were trained.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Google "Satanic hydrophobia".

You will learn that we are all possessed by demons and suffering from rabies.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

WT July 15 2011 p 16

[Intro to quote] Suppose a doctor told you to avoid someone infected with a contagious deadly disease....

"Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. (1 Tim 6 3,4) Jehovah, the great physician tells us to avoid contact with them . We know what he means but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?"

Now, does Jehovah tell Christians to avoid critics of the Watchtower Society? No.. In 2 John 10 it says to not receive in your homes a man who is "not confessing Jesus Christ"..How that was to be applied in life, we do not know but it had nothing to do with the WTBS!

I note what the article goes on to say:

"No matter what false teachers may say, we will not follow them!"

So they admit to being closed-minded - insular and unwilling to listen to any reasoning no matter how well thought out that argument might be. Does this not put them in the same attitude as The Pharisees , or indeed the comments they used to make about the Catholic Church in my childhood when the mags abounded with stories of priest, usually Irish, telling their parishioners never to listen to Jehovah's Witnesses. They used to slate them for that ....

• steve2
    steve2

Across human history, there have been two main ways to rob people of the validit of their point of view: Call them "mad" or "bad" or both. There is nothing new under the sun. All groups - all people - do it to one degree or another. It still hurts when it's done to you .

• Eclectic
    Eclectic

This Watchtower issue is so heavy. I never read stuff like this. Paragraphs 6 through 8 on page 16 are just so unfair. That is a clear warning against apostasy, that means more and more JWs are reading apostasy.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Well it's so good to know..............

If you stay with the JW's you will never be around anyone who is Mentally Ill.........

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA Almost said it with a straight Face!

• Twitch
    Twitch

How ironic

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I know personally of a case where a clinically certified kleptomaniac was DF because the jewish Law made no allowance for mental illness (according to the elduhs)

So even if you are talking crap against crap because you are a psycho, they can still force your family to choose between the religion or the family relationship.

Its all ess aitch one tee.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit