The (study) WT November 2011 Makes Me Puke !

by Hairyhegoat 33 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This world will always need window washers and hamburgers flippers. So, I do not believe that higher education is for everyone.

However, it is obscene to have an organization that claims to be appointed by god to tell children not to get an education.

I have no idea how a family can survive without skills, and education required for a decent job.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

My husband had a 3.99 GPA in college, but only took a diploma program because degrees were frowned upon. Now it's going to take him 6 years to get the degree he could have earned 8 years ago.

It's sad to imagine all the wasted talent and potential amonst the young JWs.

• Perry
    Perry

Unfounded slingling of guilt and shame. So glad I'm free of that ... thank God.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the problem is the wts preaches a false gospel.this world isnt dying-they are.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the article should say:"true christians realize the wts is a fraud and disassociate themselves from this organization of the devil"

• Quendi
    Quendi

The war against higher education goes on. But the publishers of the WTS poison certainly benefit from higher education, don't they? They work and live in buildings designed by those who hold college degrees. They use machines that were designed by the same kind of people. They put out information through a computer network that came into existence thanks to the college-educated. In other words, it's okay for the WTS to "use the world to the full" but not for the rank and file. The day of reckoning for this false and hypocritical organization can't come soon enough! May I live to see it.

Quendi

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

How many generations of JWs have they preached this same nonsense to now - time they changed the bloody record! (the needle has got itself stuck in this one).

Has anyone else ever noticed, though, that the JW families who remain with "The Truth" throughout the generations are usually the same ones that give lip service only to this sort of "counsel" from the WTS?

i.e. the parents usually have a profitable and well established family business (not necessarily a janitorial one, either!), the family is never ever "short of a quid", their children do attend college; and throughout it all, their father remains an elder in the congregation.

By contrast, the ones that take to heart the official line of the WTS typically get themselves badly hurt, then - but, unfortunately, only then - recognize it for the BS that it is; finally throwing it back in the WTS's face. The only trouble being that by then it is very difficult, if not impossible, to reverse the damage done by swallowing the WTS's line.

Bill.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Any JW's with a college education that want to pioneer I'll be glad to set them up in their very own janitorial business.

• Violia
    Violia

I missed college b/c of 75, and had to wait until my kids were nearly adults to get my degree. I agree, F *them. they won't have any affect on anyone else in my family, they have ruined all the lives they are going to with us.

I wish Irene would wash them into the rat infested streets of NYC.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They been living and dying as temporary residents for 130 years...

temps my arse!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit