Living as a gay Jehovah's Witness - My Story!

by TimothyT 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• YankeeGirl
    YankeeGirl

I've never had homosexual feelings, although I experiemented a little back as a teenager...It's pretty sad that Jehovah's Witness shun people just for who they are. I am friends on facebook with a girl who used to babysit me when I was younger. She was a witness and her family was very "spiritual" come to find out she just got married to a woman and is very, very happy. She used to be married to a Man who used to beat her. She has actually been shunned by her whole family. I constantly hear from my Mom (A JW) how disgusting she is for being with a Woman and how much Jehovah hates this. My Mom even emailed the girl and told her she was disgusting and that Jehovah hates her behavior. If Jehovah is the Almighty God, who are we as mere humans to JUDGE anyone or tell anyone what they are doing is wrong. Let people live their lives and be happy...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

TimT- Now I think about the whole situation, I try and look at it with some perspective. This was never about sex, wickedness or rebellion. It was me choosing the way of life which from my experience had caused me the least amount of pain.

Powerful statement right here!

I have loved hearing your story and feel it has value for All sexual orientations.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has shown interest and has responded with kind words of encouragement. Already Im feeling the unfairness of the situation though. I have had a few 'friends' snub me and tell me they are loyal to Jehovah and wont speak to me until i return, which i assured them i wont. With your encouragement, perspective from my dad, and love from Jack, i realise actualy that these 'friends' are nothing I regret being rid off anyway. :D

With the responses i have read here, it highlights to me how sick the organisation is and how much it encourages people to be prejudice and partial, despite the fact that these qualities are not Christian. It causes so many suicides as we have read here, and I know the feeling all too well. It sickens me! For the sake of humans trapped in the JW org, someone needs to bring this organisation down! I see a lot more Christianity on these forums. You guys are great.

By the way, the courage that some of you think i was shown, i think it was more a situation of me choosing a way of life which would cause me less pain. It may have taken a lot of courage to change and to hope that my family would be supportive, but even if it wasnt, i knew that it would make me happier and feel less pain than i was at the time.

I think one of my new goals in life now is to support and help those who are suffering with the situation that i suffered in. For those reading this post, and are currently under pressure in the organisation suffering, please message me. The support was always there for me, and now i want to make it available for others.

Im so glad that many of you have found my story motivational and inspirational. I will continue to post on JW Net. Allthough my time as a JW has ended, i have a feeling that there will still be times when i will have interesting experiences that i feel you will all need to know about. :D

Love Tim xxx

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Greetings fellow Earthling Timmy T.

Everything takes time; that time is yours to take and every second is measured by what you do with it.

I myself have experienced many of the things you wrote about in your post. I posted my own experience on here too, but that was back in the spring of 2003 when I frequented this forum. There are many supportive people on here; many who don't understand, but that's OK too. People are coming from their JW experience with the mindset in many ways, still attached even if tenuously.

As for the comments regarding scriptural conflicts: I hear you. I did similarly after I exited, but that too eventually fell to the wayside as I moved further and further away from the WTBTS/JWs.

You are the captain of your ship (Your life): steady the course; use common sense; treat others well / as you would like to be treated.

Now you know: YOU are not alone.

• mouthy
    mouthy

RAZORBLADE!!!!!RAZORBLADE!!!!!!Hey! you not only moved on you neglected ME!!!!!
    I loved ya so much Stinker So happy to see you again....Did ya think I kicked the bucket????

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

Timmy, you simply have to be commeneded. you have greatly encouraged me as i am in the psotion you once were in.

as Irondork says, " educate yourself about what those scriptures posted above REALLY mean and in which context they should be understood"

when one gets down to the nitty gritty of the hebrew and the greek, there is actually no justiifcaiton for the translation fo these texts the way they have been translated. please invetigate these. i even worte my undergrad thesis on biblical translation of these points.anywho there are some really good publicaitons out there on this.

Look to John Boswell's "Christianity, Social Tolerance and Homosexuality. Uni of Chicage Press, 1980, i think.

its a good read!

Keep on truckin

WildeLover

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing and caring Tim. And thank god for the Internet!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

16 months later and still happier than ever!!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Yea for Tim! Nice to hear a happy report.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good to read that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit