Going to start talking figuratively now. . .

by Lore 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

I think from now on I should just start talking figuratively whenever I want.

But I'm not gonna tell you when I'm talking figuratively. You'll just have to figure it out.

So in some other thread if you see me talking about the time I smothered a 2 year old I was babysitting, you'll have to guess whether I'm being literal or not.

And when I tell the tale about the time I laughed so hard I shot Pepsi out my nose, I could be serious, or I could be being figurative.

And if I say that I'm a 32 year old billionaire heart surgeon with a third arm that helps me with surgury. . . you'll just have to figure it out.

It might be a bit weird, but I guess if that's what Yahweh does it must be better for SOME reason right?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As I read this, it is literally raining cats and dogs. I could literally gag on the thought of you smothering a 2-year-old, but I have a million things to do today and cannot waste the few precious seconds I have thinking about this. I have to hit the bricks, go fall in love, rack my brain, and climb the ladder of success.

All the world's a stage and I think you are just acting up to be screaming for attention.

• Lore
    Lore

LOL OTWO, I haven't seen that many figures of speech crammed into one paragraph since Revelation chapter 12.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget to simulataneously describe yourself as "one" and also "three in one". That way, people who believe in "one" can point to your descriptions of yourself as "3 in 1" as figurative, while those who believe in "3 in 1" can point to the "one" descriptions as figurative.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

you are in rare air today Lore!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I climb the ladder of success first, it'll be easier to fall in love and rack my brain. I don't typically fall from a sitting or standing position, and if I did, I probably wouldn't rack anything.

I think Lore and I are in the same boat, having the sword of Damocles hanging over our heads, hoping to win the day between the devil and the deep blue sea. I will have to walk a mile in Lore's shoes before I throw dust in his eyes.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Figuratively speaking, this thread is blowing my mind.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I'm leaving this thread, but I'll be back. If I don't come back you can just pretend I did.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I smothered a 2 year old I was babysitting,

Depends on the use of the word 'smothered'.

'Smothered' to death or 'smothered' with kindnes?

I'm a 'good' musician.

Figure out if I'm a musician with moral standards or very competent musically.

There's a name for this but I can't remember it......fallacy of misplaced concreteness methinks.

The watchtower has taght us well!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

In 1520 days, the light shall shine. The truth will make the light the lights path lightable.

Discuss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit