JW and Sham Honesty Story

by mankkeli 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.channel3000.com/news/28960439/detail.html

Not jws, heavens, non-jws can be honest.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

A related article from a few days ago: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027129/Honest-Japanese-return-78million-cash-earthquake-rubble.html

There are a lot of honest people in the 'world' - at least as demonstrated in Japan (it isn't a single incident in the story above, but a popular trend.)

- Lime

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Shhyit,Id probably return it too,and I am a 100% bonified wicked apostate!That dosent prove anything.I

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I once found a wallet, while strolling NYC with my wife, and a dozen witnesses...............

if it wasn't for my wife insisting, we would not have returned the wallet with over a $1,000 in it!

so that was 1 out of 12?

what rate of honesty was that?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I know lots of JWs that I would never buy a used car from. Every member of the GB is included in that group.

If a JW is honest and returns the lost money, you can be 100% sure that they'll blow a trumpet ahead of themselves and tell all about it at the next assembly, complete with a story of how dozens are now studying as a result.

• isojourn
    isojourn

Like everyone else here, I can speak of knowing many dishonset dubs, as I know of honest 'wordly' people.

colleagues were so impressed by his conduct that they became interested in the Bible and started to study. As a result, seven people from two families have accepted the truth.

Wow, they really embellished on that one!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Altho,I recently fpund $2600.00 in a pile of "free" stuff at the end of a driveway in a mansion on a lake that was about to go up for auction.Made a few discreet inquiries,but there were no survivors,so I had my and my moms house and property tax money for the year!!! It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!! It was folded up in an old bandaid can,newest bill was 2004.Im sure that Jah would have wanted me to have it,no?,lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BillyTEB

If a JW is honest and returns the lost money, you can be 100% sure that they'll blow a trumpet ahead of themselves and tell all about it at the next assembly, complete with a story of how dozens are now studying as a result.

You beat me to it.

They're not going to say; ''Ere's yer wallet mate!'

They'll have to blather on about how: '...as one of Jar Hoover's Witlesses.....blah. blah...' Then preach, preach, count time....

I gave a stranger his phone back when he dropped it, not because my 'mind' was 'cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications'. (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24), but because he'd lost the durned thing.............yet I'm considered a 'mentally diseased' 'apostate'.

The geezer brought me a pint of beer and left. I'd say that pint of beer was worth far more to me than standing on the pratform yaddering on about how I hounded him to go to the Kingdum Hell or boasting about it from the stand at the next A$$€m ? £¥.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Mankkeli:

Maybe there was a time JWs were exemplary in the area of honesty, but I do not think this is the case any longer. We have all seen those assembly parts and stories in the magazines about how somebody found money or valuables and returned them. Whether these stories are true, exaggerated or just fabrications is another thing entirely.

However....what we will never hear about is how the JWs regularly use, defraud and rip off other JWs in the congregations. Because the JWs have a practice of not bringing each other to court since it would make the religion look bad (and well it should), we will never know the true extent of just how corrupt, dishonest and plain unreliable they are.

They could take their phoney reputation and shove it. I would say their claims to being "honest" are about the same as their claim to being a "loving brotherhood". Depends on who you talk to.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am not about to go on a search for an example, but this forum has shown me that many of the JW experiences from the platform at conventions and assemblies have been stolen from stories found on the internet. The story was simply modified to drop the "Lutheran" or "Protestant" or other part of the story and made to fit JW's.

Maybe that "Ned Flanders" story about the quarter has already been said at an assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit