Overlapping generation

by mankkeli 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

If according to the WT, overlapping generation theory is true,then someone born in 1914 could live to be 100, then overlap with another person born in 2014 who also lives to be 100,bringing us to 2114. By that time any? Jehovah's Witness will have long forgotten that once upon a time 1914 was pointed to as the start of the Last Days.

A close insider in Patterson told me John barr proposed the overlapping theory on the GB meeting. The sanity of that explanation was at first suspicious because He had just been diagnosed of schizophrenia and chronic dementia. But, two-third majority vote made it acceptable.

• Ding
    Ding

What else could they do?

It's obvious that the "1914 generation" is gone unless they redefined "generation."

Of course, they could admit that the WT's interpretation of Matthew 24:45 is wrong, but the GB never admits it is wrong.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

a generation in the bible is 40 years period.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Now they have an 'overlapping', when armageddon doesn't come they'll proudly look down their noses at the rank&file and sneer: 'See! We the holy GB are right as always. they're still 'overlapping'. It'll be SOON though!'

• Gayle
    Gayle

Only someone "diagnosed of schizophrenia and chronic dementia" could come up with something that insane. I think it shows how desperate the remaining GB are and with no excuse.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There have been people on here posting some stupid backwards logic thinking of JW's something like this:

"Well, it's been 97 years and Armageddon isn't here yet, so Jesus must have meant something else besides 'the 1914 generation.' He must have meant this overlap."

It doesn't even occur to them that WTS was wrong in the first place about the year 1914 because that is so ingrained in them.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Evidently

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not only that, why stop with one generation? Just keep adding strings of them like I do with Christmas lights, and it could go on forever.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It will be a new release: "The Overlapping Generations Will Live Forever in a Paradise Earth"

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Eventually they'll just say that a generation to Jehovah is a very long time because for him a year is like a day, but it's still coming any second now, but still keep giving us your moneys too. Thanks, agape, Teh Guberning Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit