Testing, testing, testing.....Jehovah TESTS?

by Terry 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think he already knows and has that time set.

If he knows why not clue us in as to what we are all waiting for?

-Sab

• tec
    tec

If he knows why not clue us in as to what we are all waiting for?

What difference should it make?

(and we're not all waiting for it, though)
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    What difference should it make?

Exactly. I don't know if it would or not. If not, maybe he could just tell us.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

I think it might make a difference if He did tell us, and it was a few hundred or thousand years in the future - or if it were just around the corner. Some wouldn't care about following Christ until closer to that date, and some would live for that date instead of just living. Not that anyone besides just a few would believe something like that anyway, though, right?

In either case, shouldn't we follow Christ and therefore God, out of love, rather than out of fear or self-preservation?

As per the topic of this thread, if God knows enough to know when the time is right, then He knows whether or not we should know a date. Seems to me like we are not supposed to, as per Christ's words - that no one knows, not the angels or even the Son.

Peace,

Tammy

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think Yahweh isn't very loving and just toward mankind for he's shown continuously that he'll kill anyone and everyone.

Why did he brutally kill those in the past who never heard of him ?

There are now @ a billion people living on this planet who've never heard of him or his son !

Maybe he'll conveniently whack them just to keep the population down .

See what happens when you walk away from rationalized critical thinking, you enter a folly of delusional insanity.

• Terry
    Terry

I think it might make a difference if He did tell us, and it was a few hundred or thousand years in the future - or if it were just around the corner. Some wouldn't care about following Christ until closer to that date, and some would live for that date instead of just living.

Hold on!

The BIGGEST problem humanity has vis a vis religous piety, belief and lifestyle is THE UTTER LACK OF TANGIBLE CONTACT with a living God.

If wives complain about how their husbands don't talk to them---how is humanity to view the sullen silence of a genuine Supreme Being?

Letting pootbutt Governing Bodies speak for Him is just completely unkind and merciless.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Why do you all TALK like that? It is the Watchtower that atributes god head to humans.

When you say Yahweh did it it is people who did it. So your equation looks like this

people=yahweh Do you not see a problem with that equation? I am looking for

intelligence that can believe in Jesus. I don't where to look. Does anyone know?

• tec
    tec

I did mention, Terry, that very few would believe that God was telling them anything, even if He did decide to reveal to them the date of the end.

That's a whole other topic though :)

I am looking for
    intelligence that can believe in Jesus. I don't where to look. Does anyone know?

What do you mean, N.Drew, that you're looking for intelligence that can believe in Jesus? Intelligent people, or intelligent reasons?

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

"What do you mean, N.Drew, that you're looking for intelligence that can believe in Jesus? Intelligent people, or intelligentreasons? "

Peace,

Tammy

People. I have posted thousands of opinions. Seldom people

answer me, most times they just hop over me (my post).

When they answer me I see that they had no idea what I said.

So, OK, maybe I'm delusional, speaking gibberish, but it sounds new and good to me.

I am looking for people willing to re-examine the Bible.

People who are not leaning on traditional understanding.

I know there is knowledge that leads to everlasting life and a resurrection

but the "Society" doesn't have it. Neither, in my opinion, does anyone else have it.

Hundreds of scripture interpretations

have been handed down amiss* and people are running with the wrong idea.

I believe there is a real possibility of knowing The Word accurately.

It leads to fullness with Christ. http://biblos.com/john/1-16.htm

To follow Jesus has become a very delicate balance, not many people

are willing. Doesn't it appear all the people so far are going after trusting God.

I think we ought to be going after being trusted by God.

* I'm not talking about just JWs. It means every Christian religion.

I'm hoping for holy. We all should be hoping for holy.

Holy isn't actually boring or dull. It's quite good, I believe.

So, do you know people like that? The one's willing to listen to the "new scrolls".

Nope, they are not something we don't know. We know them, new is to

understand them. That makes all the sense in the world to me, that

the new scolls mean the correct understanding. I'm getting a whole whole lot

of silence, but the silence is speaking volumes that I would rather not read.

I don't remember any one else ever saying "what do you mean?"

Thank you Tammy, peace to you too!

• tec
    tec

You're very welcome, N.Drew.

I am looking for people willing to re-examine the Bible.
    People who are not leaning on traditional understanding.

I think you will find people like that here.

I never had any 'traditional' understanding, since I had no religious upbringing. I started a study with the JW's because I wanted to know what the bible says, without the influence of what men said it says. (took me a couple years to realize that the JW's were the same as most other religions in this regard, anyway, though)

Sometimes I see some sort of 'accepted' doctrine, and wonder where that could possibly have come from. I think sometimes this lack of religious upbringing gives me a more open view. Perhaps.

So yes, I see the benefit and need to start fresh with no preconceived notions/doctrines.

I am not overly interested - anymore - in re-examining the bible. I've done that and been there (so I understand the need to do so and would not try and tell you not to do it). But what I found from doing so is that it points to Christ. The scriptures (which is not the whole bible), the witness accounts (which is most of the NT), and the prophets. But Christ is the one to whom we should go - in prayer, in spirit, in faith (and of course we can always ask for faith and understanding, then trust that we will be given it... keep knocking, keep seeking, if you remember).

So not a where do we go, but a to whom will we go. Christ is the one who we should follow. Not a society or a religion. Personally, I started by weighing everything in the bible (and in religion) against what Christ taught, by his words and by his deeds. Because to know Him, is to know His Father. The bible might give us a partial glimpse of God, and also some untruths (lying pen of the scribes Jeremiah 8:8)... but Christ is the Truth.

I know there is knowledge that leads to everlasting life

Knowledge of Christ, yes. Not just knowing about Him, but an actual knowing. Knowing Christ. That, I believe, is the fullness with Christ that you mentioned.

So, do you know people like that? The one's willing to listen to the "new scrolls".
    Nope, they are not something we don't know. We know them, new is to
    understand them. That makes all the sense in the world to me, that

the new scolls mean the correct understanding.

That's interesting. I hadn't really thought about the 'new scrolls' as being the new understanding and knowing of Christ. (if that is what you mean) And again, you will find people like that here. Aguest, for one. Psacramento for another. Watersprout. I'm sorry, I'm leaving so many people out. But you can decide for yourself who you like to speak with, and who you find kinship with. In either case, you can always go to Chrsit with your questions. In Spirit. He does speak. We just don't always know what to listen for.

I would like to mention, however, that having the spirit of Christ is more important than being right, imo. There are some here I disagree strongly with on doctrinal matters, and yet I feel 'brotherhood' with them, because of what is in them - love, kindness, forgiveness, mercy. Chalam (Stephen) is one such a person.

I'm sorry you haven't received responses to your thoughts. This was the first post of yours that I had read. Give people time, and you'll get discussions that you are searching for. You will also get to know people, which takes time. You are fairly new ;)

Peace again to you, and thank you for your wish of peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit