Hurricane Irene!

by skeeter1 47 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

New York is ordering the first mandatory evaculations in the city's history.

http://news.yahoo.com/irene-evacuations-transit-shutdown-ordered-nyc-181930305.html

• sizemik
    sizemik

sd-7 just do what you can . . . tinned food for as many days as you can . . . and fresh water. If your water supply is not chlorinated, put half a teaspoon of household bleach per 2L container. Some form of med kit would be helpful . . . dressings, scissors and some form of antiseptic at least. It doesn't have to be a fancy big survival kit . . . just enough to keep you going for three to five days.

I wish all in the path of this thing the very best.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

If you have insurance & other important papers, get them in a waterproof bag. Can be ziplocked.

• iceguy
    iceguy

We are getting the outter bands of rain and some wind. The Bridge going to Carolina beach will be closed by 5:pm. Its the only way on and off the beach. I hope everyone near the coast is taking the warnings serious especially those up north where they may not be used to hurricanes.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I heard the President's speech this morning, must be serious ,,, I hope people in the affected areas leave while they can, I hate it when our police and firefighters need to rescue people (leaving their own families alone) that were stubborn and didn't leave when they could.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

When the Navy left yesterday......there's a sign of this intensity!

• ziddina
    ziddina

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND EVACUATE YOUR PETS TOO,

GAWDDAMMIT!!!

I am HEARTBROKEN at the number of animals left dead, dying, homeless and starving, 'cuz someone thought they'd be "safe" with a day's worth of dry food and a bowl of water....

• d
    d

I have some flashlights and Candles ready.We have city water so I do not have to worry about the water not working.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, d...

You might want to have some water stored, just in case the city water supply is fouled...

Just sayin'...

• sizemik
    sizemik

d . . . city water relies on pumping stations which run on electicity. If water supplies are maintained it will be a miracle. You need to store water . . . half a teaspoon of HH bleach per 2L will prevent contamination through storage. Tinned food for 3 days would be a good idea also. These are simple precautions that are easy to do. Please do it.

Does anyone know if any live feeds are available?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit