Hurricane Irene!

by skeeter1 47 Replies latest social current

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It's getting breezy in Skeeterville, but Irene is far off the coast!

Having gone through a hurricane, don't forget the after hurricane supplies. It's super hot AFTER a hurricane. The moisture is sucked out of the air, tropical heat moved in, and the sun will be out in full force. Overlooked items are bug spray and shade. Worse thing ever is doing hurricane cleanup, and not having a tree with leaves to stand under. Oh, yard trash bags, saws, first aid kits (anti-itch cream too for bug bites) are super important. Bugs are terrible after a hurricane.

Skeeter

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Rainy too.

• d
    d

How do I prepare for this hurrucane.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

How do I prepare for this hurrucane.

Disaster Supply Kit

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/prepare/supply_kit.shtml

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Good link LeavingWT. I was going to say "put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye" but thought better of it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Evacuation ordered for all of NJ's Cape May Co., an estimated 750,000 people

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110825_Evacuation_ordered_for_all_of_Cape_May_Co_.html

• sd-7
    sd-7

Holy crap. I don't have resources to prep for a hurricane. We're pretty far inland, but kind of close to part of the Anacostia River in Maryland; but if this projection is accurate, we're freakin' toast where I live. Maybe I better gas up the car just in case.

--sd-7

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

First an earthquake, now a hurricane.

• sd-7
    sd-7

If the Kingdom Halls survive, no doubt they'll be packed with all those people who think a last-second meeting attendance will save them at Armageddon. Did they even read the literature at all?

--sd-7

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i have a home at Duck!!!! ummm Go away Irene!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit