Shunned by the window washer

by ldrnomo 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Over the many years my wife and I were captives of the Watchtower Organization we hired witnesses from time to time to heip us maintain our home. One of those witnesses was a window washer who was quite good and reasonably priced so we have continued to use his services even after we faded 4 years ago.

So this year, my wife called to set up an appointment for him to come over and do our windows and he tells her he's not interested. Now this may be because he's so busy and overworked that he just can't fit us in or it could be that after four years of not being at meetings he has chosen to shun us.

What do you think?

• moshe
    moshe

Have your neighbor call him up and inquire about using his services and then you will have your answer.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

good strategy, moshe

• nugget
    nugget

Perhaps he has more work than he can cope with but that is unlikely especially if you are existing customers. Getting someone else to call is a strategy to know for sure so Moshe's suggestion is spot on.

It is pretty good going to take 4 years before you reached the tipping point and became unworthy.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Again, even better, tell your neighbour to say that he has two homes that need to be done.

Be careful not to tell him what the other home is. Then watch his face drop when you appear suddenly and say with a smile, "It's over here"

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sneaky QB.

NC

• highdose
    highdose

why don't you get another window cleaner?

like one that isn't a totaly f***ed up cult brain washed prat?

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

maybe hes cutting back his hours in order to pioneer.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Iddy:

I'll do the windows if your home is one story ... 45 years at it. If you'll accept help from an inactive JW.

No more "high rises"!

CoCo Fenestrated

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know the answer to that one. My parents' used to clean houses (big surprised huh?) and they made most of their money from regular clients. Him saying that he's not interested to a long term regular client means he's dropping you like it's hot. Time to find another window cleaner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit