Very poorly dog has been rushed to emergency vets!

by watersprout 48 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I'm sorry, Watersprout. I understand how you're feeling, and I hope she pulls through also. Give babysprout a hug for me too; she must be so worried too!

Love,

Tammy

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear of your dog's continued health problems. I hope everything works out okay.

Years ago when we lived in another house, one of our neighbors set out cans of tuna with rat poison in his yard. I called the police only to be told that we couldn't prove he did it. Sure he didn't...the neighborhod a$$hole who constantly complained about stray cats in the neighborhood. So my husband proceeded over to his house, pounded on his door and said, "If any cats get sick from the rat poison you put out, I'm gonna come back over here and beat your ass!"

We never had another problem with rat poison in tuna. It's too bad you couldn't do something to shake up that old crone, as well as make her pay for your dog's vet bills.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    It's too bad you couldn't do something to shake up that old crone, as well as make her pay for your dog's vet bills.

Has it been proved that the old woman has been poisoning the dog? Until then, it's not a good idea to jump to conclusions.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Quickly stopping in cause i'm rushing out to the vets again... She had blood tests last night as the vet suspected kidney failure, and they came back clear.. They are baffled! She has got to go back in and have x-rays as they are concerned as to whats going on under her rib cage... Carrot got back in the early hours of the morning and we have both been up all night with her coughing and vomiting. The vet told us to give her a tablespoon of baby food this morning... She came downstairs and vomited it all up... She is getting worse and I have a horrible feeling it may be time for her to go to doggy heaven... Just hoping the x-rays will show something up so she can be treated.

Leaving the house in a minute so when I get back I will let you know.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and your advice. I will check with the vet over diabetes.

Peace

• talesin
    talesin

will be checking in when I get up... poor baby

t

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Can you get a second opinion? You keep saying that they haven't got a clue - well maybe you need to take it to someone who does?

• watersprout
    watersprout

She is booked for x-rays on monday morning and if they can't find anything they will be opening her up...The vet told me she may not survive the anesthetic so to be prepared... They are going to do everything they can while she is under so she won't have to go under again... It's going under anesthetic or being put down... I opted for the anesthetic as it may be something that can be repaired... It's really hard to know what to do... I'm dreading Monday

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout

Can you get a second opinion? You keep saying that they haven't got a clue - well maybe you need to take it to someone who does?

I have taken her to see two different vets... All the treatment they have given her hasn't worked... This is the last resort unfortunately... At least they are honest and have admitted they don't know and are not wasting time and money on treatments that are'nt working... X-rays on a dog her age is usually a last resort because of needing to go under anesthetic... They are at risk of dying... But they have said she will have to be put down anyway if they can't find a cause and cure... She is suffering... I am hoping that it's something that can be repaired and my dog is back to her normal self... If not at least we did everything we could to save her... I'm not ready to give up on her.

Peace

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I was really hoping things have improved. I hope the poor dog can be helped. Sorry for all that your family and what the dog is going through.

Emptyinside we really thought she would get better... Got everything crossed she will get through this... She is tough so you never know.

I hope your puppy pulls through. It is terrible what has been happening to her. I feel sorry too for what your poor doggy and you & your family are going through.

Thank you. Got everything crossed.

I hope she gets through this and soon, though, and remember... we're all here

Thanks Shel... There will be either great joy or complete despair on Monday... I'm hoping for the first. They have ruled out diabetes... I think they know whats wrong but are not letting on. I have everything crossed that she survives.

My brother just lost two dogs over the last 10 months.

MrsJ that is tragic! How do you even begin to cope with that pain... One is bad enough but losing both within a short time is awful...

I understand how you're feeling, and I hope she pulls through also. Give babysprout a hug for me too; she must be so worried too!

Thanks Tammy... Babysprout is not coping... She absolutely adores the dog... We bought her when we had been married for six months, so Babysprout has never known what it's been like without her... She was crying this morning and keeps asking if the dog is going to die... What can I say?? I just say that she is tough and the vets are trying to save her and take her pain away. She will be inconsolable if anything happens.

We never had another problem with rat poison in tuna. It's too bad you couldn't do something to shake up that old crone, as well as make her pay for your dog's vet bills.

Unfortunately we have nothing to get the old biddy on... The dog is not allowed outside unattended and I have been vocal on how ill she has been and that it's suspected poisoning... The old woman is hiding... If she was innocent surely she would come out and demand to know what I was getting at! She is vocal enough all the other times... But we have nothing to go on. *sigh*

The good news is your cats were saved... Might be too late for our dog.

Thanks Talesin.

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, WS... may you and family, especially B'Sprout, have [some] peace through this. For all who are experiencing some kind of loss... or possibility of it... whether human or otherwise... whatever is dear to YOUR heart... may you have peace!

YOUR servant (your sister, dear WS), and a slave of Christ,

SA, who sometimes things this place is like a "congregation" of sorts itself... with all of the good wishes and support offered during times such as these...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit