A LETTER FOR MRS PUNKOFNICE AND FRIENDS WITH LOVE

by clarity 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

Jonesy .....................yes, but I think he would rather have just stayed put.

Such a nice man.

c

• AGuest
    AGuest

She's still loyal... because she doesn't know "where else" to go, dear Clarity (peace to you!). Like most of the old ones. They may realize that the WTBTS isn't "it"... but they don't know what else is... and at their age it seems best to just stay put and "wait on Jehovah". Sigh..

I often dream of buying a little apartment complex and taking in a few of these folks - elderly JWs/exJWs who are pretty much left on their own or placed in nursing homes before they even need to be... or directed back to "wordly" relatives for care... after they've pretty much ignored, written off, maligned and slandered such for most of their lives. I just feel so sorry for them! Somehow, I'd find a way to subsidize their rent so that could at least have a bit of a home for the rest of their days.

My husband told me of one elderly "sister" he knew who, when her husband died gave all of the insurance proceeds to the WTBTS. When she got older and asked for some help... she was denied, which she didn't expect at all. When she vocalized what had occurred... she was disfellowshipped. THAT woke her up... but it didn't take care of her physical needs.

SO sad that these cannot reap more than what they sowed in this sense.

SO sad...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

SHelby, what you say about getting the older ones in apt building reminds me of one of the brothers that was in the nursing home when my mother was, he was always in his wheelchair sitting in the hallway with his "mini boombox" in his lap listening to Kingdumb songs. At my mothers services he was there, not a wheelchair in sight! He was walking and to be quite honest with you I really don't recall him using a cane either !!

• AGuest
    AGuest

So, he probably didn't even need to be there, eh, dear Miz Shirley (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!)? Ah, Lordy...

Peace, chile!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

WASTE SHEER & UTTER WASTE!!! I'm sad for her yet I want yell "WTF, when will you wake up?"

• clarity
    clarity

Hi everyone

Shelby, that's right, if wt isn't it ...what else is? Too bad they don't go ahead and find out!

Shirley, many elderly just get warehoused!

Discretslave, just makes a hollow place in your heart doesn't it.

c

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks for sharing Clarity - that is truly heartbreaking! Makes me wonder if that is how my husband is going to feel if he wakes up and it's too late. I hope lurkers are seeing the tragedy of how many families are sacrificed for the WT. It is sad and it is a waste.

Hadit

• clarity
    clarity

Hi there Hadit nice to hear from you...... guess it works both ways doesn't it?

The grass always looks greener from the other side of the fence. Lets hope he realizes what a treasure he has in you and stops being blinded by the boys with the nu lite!

clarity

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks Clarity! If he views me as a treasure then it's comparable to one found at a garage sale - it comes attached with a demon or two!

Sending love,

Hadit

btw - you'll be missed tomorrow!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Clarity this is a heartbreaker . . .

She must have some good qualities to attract such a nice hubby in the first place.

Another WT$ widow . . . her marriage laid waste by those with hearts of stone. As I said once before in another thread, sometimes I wish their God actually did exist . . . I can't believe such calculated and deliberate institutionalised abuse of the marriage arrangement would go unpunished.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit