We can't let them get away with it: HAVING IT BOTH WAYS!

by Terry 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Ask yourself:
    WHAT IS THE CLAIM of the Watchtower Society as to the SOURCE of their authority to create public messages of dire warning?

SPIRIT-DIRECTED.

MOUTHPIECE of GOD.

ANOINTED remnant (Faithful and Discreet Slave)

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations."

In the above statement..

do you see any mention of Watchtower SOURCE AUTHORITY?

What do I mean?

If this PROPRIETARY claim is valid---the Governing Body were LED to unwarranted expectations by Jehovah! Note: IF they were actually LED at all!

What is the alternative explanation?

The Watchtower doesn't have ANY connection to Jesus or Jehovah beyond SPECULATIVE GUESSWORK! Just like ALL THE REST of christian denominations! They are wrongly guessing!
    If you are LED, then, you FOLLOW. If you get lost, as a follower, you must blame your GUIDE.

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations."

In the above quote, notice the SPURIOUS reasoning: "like the Apostles".......

Folks, any ignorant speculations and expectations of Apostles were the direct result of the fact JESUS HAD NOT DIED AND SENT HOLY SPIRIT YET! The Apostles weren't commissioned yet or divinely led by spirit!
    When did the Apostles STOP making wrong guesses? AFTER, they were spirit-led!

Post resurrection, Apostles WERE spirit directed. Miraculous knowledge and gifts were bestowed.
    Consider this VERY SUBTLE fact: Watchtower theology teaches these GIFTS in MEN ceased!

TWO MAJOR POINTS:

1. In what way is Watchtower Governing Body leadership DIFFERENT from any other sect, denomination, cult or church by their OWN CLAIM?

2.Comparing their own mistakes and ignorant speculations to PRE-HOLY SPIRIT Apostles is an admission that they ARE NOT what they themselves claim: Faithful and Discreet Slaves anointed to speak for Jehovah and direct accurate Truth-filled public messages.

Why would Jesus finally (after 2 thousand years!) return and select a special remnant for End Times warnings AND THEN leave them to speculate over and over with wrong expectations?
    ARE THEY SPIRIT-LED or are they JUST GUESSING WRONG?

DON'T LET THEM HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

If they ARE spirit-led, why are they wrong again and again? If they are NOT spirit-led, why do they CLAIM special status as the only true religion?

The challenge is clear:

1.Is the Watchtower claim of Authority like the PRE-spirit Apostles or not?

2.Is everything preached and published wrong expectations being spun as post-resurrection Spirit Direction?

Which is it?

• AnneB
    AnneB

No god or human appointed you or me to act against WT. Let 'em alone.

Take care of your own life. Make sure you aren't making your own mistakes and ignorant speculations.

There's no challenge here, there's just a tempest in a teacup.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

curious anneB

why do you think we should let 'em alone?

oz

• wasblind
    wasblind

TELL IT TERRY, TELL IT !!!!!!!!! :)

AnneB, go to bed. >:(

• Terry
    Terry

No god or human appointed you or me to act against WT. Let 'em alone.

Take care of your own life.

____________________________________________________________________________________________-

I can give a practical and moral reason for NOT letting the Watchtower religion go on.

Young people will be given strong counsel, advice and pressure from the Governing Body (and subsequently, their family) undermining their life's prospects BASED ON FALSE STATEMENTS.

Read this and note the date:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers."----Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Is it practical to waste your youth learning crap, doubting the need for education and planning on a world that doesn't happen?

Is it socially responsible to regard your fellow man as dupes of Satan fit for annhilation if they don't buy your magazines?

Is it morally proper to make bold, definite statements of authority about the immediate future which have ALWAYS been in error in the past 100 years?

42 years ago when that Awake! came out I was 23 years old. For the next 6 years all Jehovah's Witnesses could think about, talk about, and influence others about was the SIGNIFICANT year of 1975!

Thousands of hours were spent preparing people for 1975!

Was that time well spent that would not have been BETTER SPENT learning a practical set of skills in college?

Check your history books as to what happened in 1975 that was SO IMPORTANT JW's were peeing their pants in anticipation of it!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If a spirit-led group advocates death over a medical procedure that can save a life, then they are in clear violation of Christ's words that "God desires mercy, not sacrfice" and as such, MUST BE CHALLENGED.

• Terry
    Terry

This is worth injecting into the conversation.

Read it and ask yourself IF you agree. If not; why not.

... it is the good, the able, the men of reason, who act as their own destroyers, who transfuse to

evil the blood of their virtue and let evil transmit to them the poison of destruction, thus gaining for evil the power of

survival, and for their own values—the impotence of death. I saw that there comes a point, in the defeat of any man

of virtue, when his own consent is needed for evil to win—and that no manner of injury done to him by others can

succeed if he chooses to withhold his consent. I saw that I could put an end to your outrages by pronouncing a

single word in my mind. I pronounced it. The word was “No.”

Galt's Speech--Atlas Shrugged

• bennyk
    bennyk

"Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations."

Unlike the Apostles, they have made their various "wrong expectations" the focus of their public preaching for their entire existence.
  • Terry
    Terry

Pastor C.T.Russell admired the false predictions of William Miller and gave no disapproval of it.

Why? It made people aware.

Of what?

End Times!

Thousands of families experienced upheaval and recrimination, but, that didn't matter to Russell.

Russell never saw for even a small moment that God was made the laughing stock and proof texting was held up to ridicule. Pious following of persuasive chronology should have proved itself a curse. Russell saw it as a blessing and kept going with it until his own death in 1916 onboard a train outside Pampas, Texas.

• clarity
    clarity

Terry, fabulous argument ... it is a key idea and a MUST SAVE.

>

I don't feel my opinion is particularly of great importance here but would you do a favour plse?

>

I don't think the wording of the Challenge statements 1. & 2. are worthy of the greater understanding that precedes them.

>

Forgive me but based on the strength of your message, I think you can make them stronger as well, and clearer, so's not to lose the intent.

>

{The challenge is clear:

1.Is the Watchtower claim of Authority like the PRE-spirit Apostles or not?

2.Is everything preached and published wrong expectations being spun as post-resurrection Spirit Direction?

Which is it?}

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit