Examining the scriptures 18/08/11 - APOSTATES!!!!

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• sd-7
    sd-7

"No. No. That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!"

--sd-7

• steve2
    steve2

Mary - fantastic clip captures so well the rabid hatefulness of the 'true' believers. Talk about a noisy blather of believers each virtually turning on the other. Such is the nature of religious madness.

On a related note - and not letting the organization off the hook but providing context - the whole notion of shunning and even killing those who abandon the 'law' is firmly and repeatedly rooted in the Bible. Hence, those religions that practice shunning crow on about 'just' following scripture. Yes, I know: Some religions get hold of a verse here and there and milk ém for all they're worth. Yet, the concept of getting rid of people who usurp the 'God-given' status quo is entrenched in the Western outlook. We're a mere few centuries removed from the worst excesses of the Catholic church in literally hunting heretics down and killing them. In keeping with the buttoned-down, bureacratic approach to life in more recent decades, the organization provides a more sanitized reading on the hateful act of shunning and, with steady repetition, constructs a'seemingly reasonable case for it. Deluded, yes. But rooted in Scripture which itself is a reflection of the blindly mad prejudices and biases of thousands of years ago.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You're right Steve2 . . .

It's the preservation of an age-old tribal mindset that lies at the heart of all the conflict we see in the world today. No wonder it's so hard to shake off and overcome, when there's those like the WTB&TS, who carefully and deliberately foster it for their own selfish ends. "If we can't find an enemy to hate ... we'll create one". Unfortunately, it comes at a time when, more than ever, mankind needs to develop a new way of thinking. Ironically, it's the very thing Christ abhorred, and tried to identify and eradicate through his own teachings IMO. They quite knowingly take on the very characteristics that they use to paint the world black. It's simply shameful and disgraceful behavior. If their God really does exist . . . they, more than anyone else, should be in abject terror of his imminent arrival. They, more than anyone else, are without excuse.

• Norcal_Sun
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hadit - I've yet to meet an 'apostate' that matches what the 7 headed beast (GB) claims exist

Blondie - Hang on I'll put my teeth in for that one

sd-7 - God sits back unharmed and watches it like a soap on TV

ziddina - (Or is that Kronos?) Awww, thanks. I think there are even more propaganda techniques in there too!

isojourn - Sarcasm is strong in this one

steve2 - (are you building up to a steve3D?) It seems to me most WTB$ things are done on a business level. Shunnig = 'Your fired!' with the exception you can come back if you are prepared to be treated like scheisse!

I found this of interest:---

Awake! January 8th 1947, disfellowshipping has pagan origins:

Where, then, did this practice originate? The Encyclopaedia Britannica says that papal excommunication is not without pagan influence, "and its variations cannot be adequately explained unless account be taken of several non-Christian analogues of excommunication." The superstitious Greeks believed that when an excommunicated person died the Devil entered the body, and therefore, "in order to prevent it, the relatives of the deceased cut his body in pieces and boil them in wine." Even the Druids had a method of expelling those who lost faith in their religious superstitions. It was therefore after Catholicism adopted its pagan practices, A.D. 325, that this new chapter in religious excommunication was written.

Sizemik - Repetition for emphasis, 'Apostates' = The invisible and fictitious enemy to rally JWs together in a common cause. (Sounds like propaganda to me!) Yes, they should be in terror of god's arrival! Why arent they? The GB, DO they ACTUALLY believe in God themselves? Somehow at their level I believe they know it's a scam.

Norcal_sun - Done the JC, got the T-shirt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit