Examining the scriptures 18/08/11 - APOSTATES!!!!

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry I can't copy paste it as I don't have the CDubRom anymore. (The bin man took it!)

Mrs Punk always leaves her book in a prominent place at the breakfast table hoping we'll read it, see the light and go grovelling back to the 7 headed beast (GB). Some hope! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway I DO look at it from time to time as an excersize to deconstruct it and spot the propagandist 'mind cleansing' language.

Today was an older WT warning about 'apostates' and using Job as the bloke to identify with.

The 7 headed beast seem obsessed with 'apostates'! They need to see the PDF washtowel some of us put together!!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Text

forThursday,18August

??week ?day today day? week??

? es11 p. 83 August

Thursday, August 18

Even

yet [Job] is holding fast his integrity, although you incite me against him to swallow him up without cause.—Job2:3.

The Devil tested Job both when he was prosperous and when he was destitute. Clearly, Satan has no compassion for the needy or for victims of calamity. He hates people of integrity. (Job 2:3-5) Nevertheless, Job’s faithfulness showed that Satan is a liar. Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44) No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them!—2 John 10, 11. w09 4/15

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

There they go, making a perfectly normal activity like changing ones mind or stand (apostasy) and making it a dirty dirty word.

oz

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Having a critical attitude is poison? Only if you are critical of the WTS of course.. being critical of any other religion is encouraged.

Let's rewrite one of the sentences.

Clearly, God has no compassion for the needy or for victims for calamity, since he allowed Satan to torture his loyal follower Job.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks A-oz for pasting it here.

What a propagandists' paradise this little pile of doggy doo is.

The Devil (Existence of = debateable) tested Job both when he was prosperous and when he was destitute. Clearly, (weasel word) Satan has no compassion for the needy or for victims of calamity. (Sounds very much like the 7 headed beast of Brooklyn GB. Consider Malawi and Mexico!) He hates people of integrity. ('People of integrity'. JWs by any chance? Makes the dubbies feel special) (Job 2:3-5) (I'm not even looking this up) Nevertheless, Job’s faithfulness showed that Satan is a liar. (Now we ALL relate to Job so we're getting baited in to the trap later) Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. (...and there we have it! A grand example of 'cult loaded language'. They mentioned the scary 'A' name so let's retreat from this pretend enemy and hide behind the safety of the WTB$) Modern-day apostates (...and again!)display characteristics similar (weasel word alert) to those of the Devil. (Really? Who are these 'apostates'? Where are they? How exactly do they have 'similar' charachteristics to the Devil? When did one knock on your door to try to convert you to....er.....apostasy?) Their mind may (weasel word alert!) be poisoned (negative word) by a critical attitude (they don't mean 'critical thinking' do they? Y'know the thing that makes you choose good over bad etc?) toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, (How, when, where, what does this take the form of? I've never ever seen such an event take place) or the Governing Body. (Obey the GB) Some (weasel word alert) apostates (loaded language alert) oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. (How does one 'oppose' the use of the divine name? Rioting? Door knocking?) They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. (Translation = they won't obey the GB and give them worship or cash) Like their father, Satan, apostates (propaganda technique of 'guilt by association')target people of integrity .(How? Why? Is it not possible the so called 'apostates' are simply answering back when the JWs force their cult doctrine onto them?) (John 8:44) (Out of context scripture, Jesus wasn't talking about the made up JW enemy of 'apostates'!) No wonder servants of Jehovah (you don't mean 'only Jehovah's witnesses do you GB?) avoid all contact with them!(This is a 'command in the writing of this propaganda)—2 John 10, 11. (Oh, that old chestnut. An example of a 'proof text' out of context to prove shunning is godly. What they really mean is = follow the 'B.I.T.E. method)w09 4/15

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the-illuminaator -

Clearly, God has no compassion for the needy or for victims for calamity, since he allowed Satan to torture his loyal follower Job.
  • AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Sadly I was one of those that supported this tripe. Apostates are made out to terrorists that "oppose" and "target" the faithfull.

Wow! Such aggression! Most of the 'apostates' that I know, (myself included) are not that militant...

AS

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Jobs faithfulness showed that Satan is a liar"

So true, we Apostates keep provin' the WTS to be liars

the list goes on and on , their literature is full of things

they no longer believe,

everything they print in the mags today they claim as the truth.

then when they claim "new light" todays truth becomes old, they no longer believe that.

they "adjusted" thier thinkin'. Truth can't be "adjusted"

AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS "OLD" TRUTH

• blondie
    blondie

es11 p. 83 Thursday, August 18 2011

E ven yet [Job] is holding fast his integrity, although you incite me against him to swallow him up without cause.—Job 2:3.

The Devil tested Job both when he was prosperous and when he was destitute. Clearly, Satan has no compassion for the needy or for victims of calamity. He hates people of integrity. (Job 2:3-5) Nevertheless, Job’s faithfulness showed that Satan is a liar. Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern-day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44) No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them!—2 John 10, 11. w09 4/15

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If the divine name was so important, how come Jesus taught the apostles to address God as father, and not as Jehovah? Why did Jesus never stress that Jehovah was an important name? Evidently, Jesus did not think it was important enough to spend time discussing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit