Examining the scriptures 18/08/11 - APOSTATES!!!!

by punkofnice 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• clarity
    clarity

OMG - could they have crammed any more "crimes" into this paragraph???.....

>

{"Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregations, Christian elders, or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name, Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father, Satan, apostates target people of integrity. (John 8:44) No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them!"}

>

Ha ha ha ha ha so bloody obvious, so transparent! Looks like they went through some of the forums like jwn with a fish net, scooped up every complaint that we have and made a big list, the likes of which you see here in the above!

What's the matter bethel boys, running out of things to say ...... why don't you try some words of actual WORSHIP and LOVE for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• Mary
    Mary

One of my JW in-laws told my wife that 'apostates cannot say the name Jehovah'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdARZ3bs0k

• clarity
    clarity

Mary ...lmao.............again!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I hope you're not still holding your breath until you fall over.

Lol, I only do that when hopelessly bored at the meetings of which I don't go anymore. The back of my head is healing up!

-Sab

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Clarity - They won't do any worship to god but they do worship the GB as higher than god

Mary - Oh, yeah. that's what I'm talkin' 'bout

Sabastious - So it was every meeting then! No wonder they got rid of the home group study, too many unconscious youth

• Hadit
    Hadit

What a bunch of hateful propaganda! That one paragraph is so full of blatant mind control. For people who have such an all powerful God they sure are afraid of Satan and his children, the apostates! Wow.

Now they can feel good about themselves if apostates try to talk to them because they target "people of integrity." Therefore, now my family can feel full of integrity when I speak for my father the devil.

You men at Bethel have one puny little god when you have to resort to hateful tactics. So much for your truth - you have to prop it up with your fear tactics.

Hadit

Hi Clarity!

• blondie
    blondie

One of my JW in-laws told my wife that 'apostates cannot say the name Jehovah'.

That probably is based on the sibboleth or shibboleth story the WTS has told about how the Israelites to sort out the Canaanites from the Israelites.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Ah, that famous quote.... I find it sad that a scripture where God praises Job for his integrity despite great suffering turns into a chance to attack 'apostates' with name-calling and vague generalities.

Satan may have inflicted all that on Job, but who gave him permission to do it? Compassion would demand that you don't allow a rabid dog to attack your kid in order to prove that your kid is a good kid, right? Aww, look at 'im! He's bleedin' out, and he STILL doesn't blame me for letting the dog off its chain! Seems like kind of a sick game to be playing.

But it's fine. That paragraph is so 2009. And I am soooo over it!

--sd-7

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! Great thread!!

Punk of Nice, that's an excellent dissection of the Watchtower's propaganda on page 1 - which is the page that I'm still on...

• isojourn
    isojourn

I didn't know Satan was my father :( I always thought it was daddy vader...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit