What is the oldest car you have owned?

by moshe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

My first car bought in 1974 was a 1963 "Austin 7" . . . just like this one. Colour scheme was exactly the same.

Sliding front windows

External hinges

Battery in boot

Push-button start (on floor)

Rubber Cone suspension

E-W 850cc 4-cyl engine, upgraded with side-draft weber, mini-cooper extractors. Suprisingly nippy.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I already put this on another thread...but since you asked...

65' Triumph Herald convertable....first car (my baby)

Glander...one of my ex boyfriends used to have a 1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster sedan....Like driving a tank! Very bouncy seats...hee hee

sizemik....minis are such little fun machines...

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

1974 White Mustang, two door car, I was appointed MS anyway while I had that car.

• unshackled
    unshackled

LOL White Dove...I'll give you some company...1975 Ford Gran Torino, 4 door. Similar story, in the family many years, passed down to me when I was 19. Drove it for a couple years...great years. This thing sat in -35 celsius (-31 F) for a week and started up just fine, without the block heater plugged in.

Here's the beaut, but she had a blue top...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Mine's older and I still own it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I have a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder I bought at a yard sale a few months ago. 4-wheel drive with giant mud wheels. Will be great for the snow. The mechanic says we can keep it running forever. I think he's talking about the engine. The body is uh, well let's say it's, uh don't know how to describe it except to say that the last owner used it for off-road tours through the forest.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Oldest running cars have all been 1960s...

a 63 Galaxie fastback that i restored

A 64 Cadillac Coupe Deville that i restored

A 64 Galaxie hearse

All long sold, but in the shed sits a 1929 ford hotrod i am building...

oz

• moshe
    moshe

Oz= keep at it, it will be great to see the final results.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

At the rate i keep getting interupted it will be another year!

On a little side note to the thread, a number of interesting cars have passed through my sheds as customers cars for restoration:

'54; '58; '62; '63; '68, '69, '70; '72; and '84 corvettes; '32 ford body and a '70 Camaro among a few...

you can't keep car guys away from cars!

It's a disease i swear

oz

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Oh and this was the hearse... you can bet the Ex loved me picking the kids up in this...NOT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit