What is the oldest car you have owned?

by moshe 28 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Here is mine- a 1947 Chrysler Windsor Club Coupe. I overhauled the engine under a big oak tree- push button starter- flat head 6cyl engine- a carry over from WW2 technology. A real tube radio, which after I fixed, could pick up AM stations over 500 miles away- seats like an over stuffed sofa. And 5000 pounds of Detroit steel that would hurt anything that got in her way.

-

• sizemik
    sizemik

Oldest = 1929 Ford T "new beauty"

Next oldest = 1940 Studebaker "Commander" . . . also with 6-cyl flattie.

Nice car Moshe

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

I still own a 1973 Porsche 914. Simplicity at its best. Where's all you gearheads at? peace paulnotsaul

• White Dove
    White Dove

My family bought a 1974 AMC Hornet stationwagon in 1976 when I was 8.

It was passed down to me when I was about 21.

It was 21 when it was finally laid to rest.

• moshe
    moshe

We have a classic car club 3 miles from me- the Chili Rods- every friday they meet for lunch- hot chili soup and crackers. You will see 20-30 cars, from model A's to old VW bettles,Impalas, Corvairs and rat rods- anything goes as long as it is over 30 years old. Sizemik, I lived in Indiana and you used to see a lot of Studebakers- even an Avanti, but it dropped off 20 years ago.

• Glander
    Glander

1947 Chevrolet Fleetmaster sedan. Mine was dark green and did not have the sunscreen or the rear wheel skirts

• paladin
    paladin

I owned a 1955 Chevy 2 door hardtop with a 283 V-8 fitted with special heads and a high performance cam.

• moshe
    moshe

Glander- just imagine this car with a school bus sign on the front bumper- I rode to a real one room school house in just such a car!- middle-late 50's era. Our retired farmer driver made two trips- east and west of the school to collect all 15 of us kids.- crammed us in.

(yes, moshe is old)

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know what? Just skip my post. My car was still too young for this thread.

But we did have it in the family for 21 years.

• moshe
    moshe

WD- I didn't say who has the oldest car- my 33 year old daughter would say a 1986 Ford EXP 2 seater- now that was a nifty car- and it would get 45mpg all week long- I would buy another one for my youngest daughter who will be 16 in 4 more years- except they are very rare now. Here is one tricked out for today's driver-

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit