Why haven't more JWs noticed the WTS false prophecy?

by Chemical Emotions 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

@outsmartthesystem:

Regarding Rutherford and Russell....the March 22, 1993 Awake (p4) says " never did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah’. Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah’".

Hmm yes they did.. liars.

"Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures - nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." Zions Watch Tower 1894 July 15 p.226

"... this chronology is not of man, but of God.... the addition of more proofs removes it entirely from the realm of chance into that of proven certainty.... the chronology of present truth [is]... not of human origin." Watch Tower 1922 July 1 p.217

"The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914."Watchtower 1924 p.211

How dare they lie..

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

They avoid older literature! They only read what was written after let's say...the 80s. And even when they read old literature, they pick only what the GB tells them to pick. And there is the problem of the double value of the language. Even if the GB has never directly stated that "1975 will be the end of the world and the start of Armaggeddon", they have emphasised on the importance of that year so strongly that they forced a reaction in the rank and file. To illustrate: Adolf Hitler has dinner with a few Nazi officials. He expresses a few personal opinions on a few issues, without giving specific orders. Is it reasonable to believe that the majority of those officials will take his opinions as direct orders and not only that, but they will start to put those suggestions in practice? In a strongly centralized system, the central power can give orders without giving orders. The GB can give life-changing orders while just "making a few suggestions" or "adjustments". And then they wash their hands saying "we didn't said that....specifically". When your word is law for millions of dubs, even a personal opinion or a suggestion will immediately be put in practice by most of them. The GB are mass-murderers in my opinion, based on this reasoning.

• sizemik
  • dm6
    dm6

LeavingWT thanks for quoting that. I have looked up about steven hassan,seems like an interesting character.

Talks sense. Heres a short clip for those of you who dont know anything about him and his readings. (like me)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Illuminator - That's exactly the point. I've looked up all of those articles and I agree with you! But nowhere do any of them explicitly state "this is coming from God". They can say "this chronology is not from man" and then later claim it was an opinion. They can say "they are WE BELIEVE, God's dates" and then later say again...it was just an opinion. Like I said....you, I and anyone with a reasonable head on their shoulders can read what they wrote and justifiably call them liars. But they imagine in their own little minds that the fact they avoided explicitly stating "this is from Jehovah and is NOT just our opinion" means that they never truly falsely prophesied. It is sickening

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If anyone in the central Bethell farts loudly, that will produce a tsunami in the congos. The r&f dubs come with a pitiful excuse: they never said PRECISELY that the world would end in 75! It's outrageous! A body of people tell you what to wear, what to eat, how much to drink, how to screw your wife, how much time you have to waste in field circus and when the same body of people "suggests, emphasizes, etc" that the world would probably end in 75, the r&f drones jump to their defence, saying "they never PRECISELY said that...". The GB screwed the r&f in the a..s and the r&f find excuses for them, saying that it was not precise enough. Stupid JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit