Why haven't more JWs noticed the WTS false prophecy?

by Chemical Emotions 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

they have at times had some wrong expectations... They can and do blame 'some individuals' for wrong expectations...NOT the organization.

It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in their understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods...Again they pass on blame to those who read too much into things, NOT the organization.

Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized... Yes, minor things like stuff that people have died because of, minor things that have denied people children and an education.

The blame is always on the jehovahs witnesses, not the Watchtower bible and tract society. there is a marked difference between the publishing company and the 'religion'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Matters on which corrections of viewpoint have been needed have been relatively minor when compared with the vital Bible truths

I'd call this a vital Bible truth = Luke 19:17 "And he said to him, 'Well done, good slave, because you have been faithful in a very little thing, you are to be in authority over ten cities.'

Isn't ''relatively minor'' also ''a very little thing''?

• irondork
    irondork

leavingwt: Have you read Steve Hassan's first book?

For the newbs, please aware me.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

On their forum, JW Talk, the dubbies have a thread about the year 1975: "1975 - What apostates and liard don't want you to see". A sister-dub has posted this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOE-Gm3uz-U&feature=player_embedded

Then all the dubs got extatic at the stupid arguments used by the poster. No matter what filth the Wanktower shovels in their mouths, they will chew it! Just look at some posts:

Dub 1: Great find! Sounds like my kind of language for the pathetic apostates! Thanks for posting!

Dub 2: How very true. You can usually spot an apostate after the first sentence, or by the sample sentence on an internet search. It exposes the bitterness and selfish lack of consideration for anyone else but themselves. It's very difficult not to give 'like for like' when talking about them, but we have to try. That's why we should avoid using the kind of language that they use. The other thing I always avoid, if I can, is provoking them into making a response. After all, that is the same as starting a conversation, something that is, justifiably, advised against. I came across a very disturbed individual, very early on in my ministry and I've never forgotten the experience - the brother I was with quickly left the territory. I see now what a wise decision it was.

Dub3: I remember that time in 1975. We had quite a few that believed the end would be that year and they started using their credit cards, buying like crazy. Then when nothing big happened they fell out of the truth. Grumpy firmly believed the end would come that year, but quickly turned his focus as soon as he realized his error. We just need to stay focused on standing firm until the end, instead of trying to figure out things that are out of our realm of knowledge. The Bible makes it clear how much Jehovah is willing to let us in on and the FDS will make sure we know whatever that is.

Dub4: I think the big problem with apostate reasoning is that they try to convince people 1975 was preached as official doctrine. The quotes in this video clearly show that this assertion is truly FALSE! One mistake I've heard witnesses make is they try to say that 1975 was made-up by apostates to make witnesses look bad. Also clearly from those quotes, the WT magazines did suggest the idea of 1975. I don't know how people really reacted since I wasn't around then, whether they took those suggestions and ran with them or treated them with caution, but probably in retrospect it would have been best to not suggest it in the first place. I know if the WT started printing things like "Can we say for sure the end will come in 2014? We can not know for sure but..." I would get pretty amped up, even while trying to keep those potential expectations in check. I think it wise that the FDS stays away from even mentioning specific dates. Its only natural for people to get over-excited and then disappointed (or worse) if things don't go as planned. Clearly as the video says, no man knows the day or the hour so it is wise never to speculate on a specific date. I think we can all be glad that lesson was learned and we can focus only on what is concrete.

Dub5: people have made mistakes: 1914, 1966, 1975, etc. but they have always gone against the advice of the governing body, and the governing body have always updated us straight away when they have had to adjust their thinking on a scriptural principle.
    We are in the final days - fact! We do not know the day or the hour - fact! When it comes we will know exactly what we have to do...

Stupid dub 6: a few thoughts written by apostates insidious blurring even further the ignorant to see in black and white black and white. Their books and writings, this pattern is repeated. They do not focus on the Bible or its contents, but attaches to the outside eye.

Their message does not deal with Jehovah's Witnesses, or compare the procedures in relation to the content of the Bible, the apostates are familiar with, and which, of course, quite different from what people usually considered normal. Thus, many people find they read as abnormal as the lay of the Red Sea crossing

Strangely, the Jehovah's Witnesses who abandoned their almost never seem to generally associated with any other religion. Their message does seem to contain any Bible-based saving posts for which they hoped would welcome others. They do not say that the look here is a rescue, I have found something much better. They say, rather, behold, freedom has come, I am as free as Eve in Eden, Adam and I would like that.

Often the letters are produced by apostates to understand that they will continue on the road with some kind of belief, without specifying what that road is and how it could be somebody if they wish to join.

Where it is proved that the multi-dropped, just when the end is not expected to come at all for example in 1975. Is it just that they wanted to save himself. Goers, of course, was only a drop in the bucket compared to how much was left of them. However, many had been involved for selfish reasons rather than the highest commandment of love towards Matt: 22:36-38

East of the fact, however, did not get anything that the world has become badly deteriorated since 1975, and have read the Bible a little bit personal, or even if it would not have been read to say that the circumstances of the world are all over such that the end can not be far behind. This is the end of preaching throughout the world and one and the same message to a number of declarative, and thus the end of Matthew: 24:14

This link could be to look at what Jesus Himself refers to James 2:14 "What good is my brother, if someone says he has faith but he has no deeds? I guess it does not believe can save him? "While, therefore, how to live right in connection with any truth, but if your acts are contrary to their faith, and not with the Bible as scripture in the light of the Bible can not be saved. Thus, we can say that in 1975 the difference between the apostates have just been waiting in vain 75 years They had this one that could safely withdraw from the already 69 so would not have wasted six years lost their freedom.

Apostates are aware of what kind of reaction in their writings the Bible of unknown make. In fact, they are also aware that the procedures are derived, and from the writings of the Bible, but by paying attention to the rest of the ignorant reader, citing a Bible that countless people usually do not like a normal result is guaranteed. "Their word is spreading like a gangrene 2 Timothy 2: 16 to 17

Next, some of the things that apostates are very happy to discuss the scab.

1. They do not include questioning the biblical name of God JEHOVAH, or its name in the Bible as required by the necessity of using [2 moos 3.14 to 15 see footnote]

2. They do not ask we do not live for much of the writings of the Bible at the end of time.

3. Neither of them have become supporters of the ecumenical thinking so that they would argue that the good news saarnataankin as much Hindu as Muslim, or Christianity, a common accompaniment.

4. They are not making the Trinity, the fate of political science, for example, or the soul kuolemattomuusopin paradise location with views on to them because the thing is perfectly clear. They have learned the truth in connection with eläneinä the truth of things which are impossible to change.

However, their claim to the reader could get the image that the red sea crossing would have opposed the survivors. If then, some would have concluded that Moses was not God's chosen people from the channel of salvation, and it should be said that there would be menkäämmekin such a decision, of course, have all died.

• designs
    designs

Look at a similar situation- Pastor Laurie of Harvest Crusade predicted the End of the World as the first Gulf War geared up yet he attracted 115,000 people to shell out over $1,000,000.00 for a Crusade at Anaheim Stadium recently. A flase prophet (again) and yet the gullible keep lining up to write checks.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I will continue to quote from their forum because it's relevant to my point:

Other dub: I want to make a comment on this part. The Faithful and Discreet Slave have definitely avoided this since then. In fact, not only do they avoid it, but they seem to always make mentioned that we "do not know the day or the hour". And yes, it's natural for people to get over-excited and then disappointed, but only to an extent, because some who are "over-excited" and then 'allow' themselves be let wayy down, seem to "give up" way too easily, thus revealing how much they TRULY loved Jehovah (leaving him just because the end didn't come in 1975 for example).
    So 1975 really looked like a 'cleansing' to me and a 'weeding out' that Jehovah could have deliberately used. These are ones who found out they didn't love Jehovah as much a they thought they did, but were only serving him for what they can get, and for a date. So, when I think of 1975, for some reason I feel that Jehovah was somehow using this time to "weed" people out with bad intentions. I do not mean Jehovah caused it, but do you think maybe he could have USED it to weed out people with bad intentions? Jehovah will NEVER let his organization become unclean or contaminated, if it begins to head that route, and 1975 caused a big stink pile that Jehovah needed to fix. The people who left had their hearts revealed, and there was perhaps so many of them that Jehovah had to weed them all out.
    This is just a thought, I could be wrong, but it all makes perfect sense to me.

Newbie dub sister: This was really great to see. I've been talking with a guy I used to go to highschool with on facebook, and he brought this up. I was not very familiar with the subject so I looked up the magazine quoted and showed him the same quotes used on the video. I also asked my gramma, who has been a witness her whole life, if she remebered anything. She said she didn't remember anyone that thought it was a for sure thing, and she certainly didn't know anyone who sold their stuff. So I told him that the majority of witnesses did not react that way, which proves that the WT did not state that the end was a certianty in 1975, otherwise, all the witnesses would of thought so. But from what I hear, only a few thought that way. Now this guy is saying the WT claims to be a prophet.... *sigh* I told him not to get his information from people who oppose us, and he says he isn't! LOL He claims he is asking me now so he can figure out whos telling the truth. I'm not sure if I should continue to defend the WT or just stop talking to him.

Dub inquisitor: Nice to have you here.
    Here's my two cents.....
    We should probably be cautious in having regular, personal contact with the opposite sex to begin with when we're married.
    Add to that the fact that you're talking about a worldly man. And from the sounds of it, NOT one with a genuine interest in learning the truth.
    Yes, I would advise caution here. Satan is clever.

Smug dub: I've thought long and hard about this subject. I even looked up a few references when researching this.
    The Watchtower is not a false prophet. Neither, for example, is the fellow Harold Camping who proclaimed the end would come back in May and now revised his date for October.
    Yes, I'll say it again. Neither of the above are false prophets. Here is why.
    The Watchtower, and many in the Organization who were carried along by the thinking 1975 would be the End, made an error in interpretation of the Scriptures and other dates/evidence. That's it. It was a mistake. It was an error. It was a mis-interpretation of data. This is no different than a scientist, a mathematician or a weatherman reaching a wrong conclusion based on the data at hand at the time.
    The source of all Watchtower "predictions" or "forecasts" or whatever is the Bible. Jehovah inspired the Bible, the FDS reads the Bible and then provides their BEST interpretation on what the Bible says. Sometimes there is new light that shows the interpretation needs to be revised or clarified. When more data becomes available, a better interpretation can be given.
    This is what happened with 1975. Some people had wrong data. I can't even go so far as to say new light was involved. People simply were reading more into the information than what was there.
    What, then, is a false prophet?

And so on, but I only picked the most relevant posts.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

leavingwt: Have you read Steve Hassan's first book?

For the newbs, please aware me.

IronDork: IMHO, this book is a must-read. I've lost count of how many people I've recommended this book to, who later contacted me, thanking me. It's available on Amazon for less than ten bucks, in paperback, used.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0892813113/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1313673721&sr=8-1&condition=used

The author was recruited into a destructive cult when he was in college. He escaped (interesting story) and has since spent his life assisting others with breaking free from high-control groups. At the time he wrote his first book, he was unaware of the JWs being a high-control group. This makes the book all the more impressive, to me. As you read it, it's as if he's describing the JW experience. What's the point? WT is not unique. This book will illustrate how there are thousands of groups that are like WT. The same conditions exist within these groups. Realizing this is extremely helpful in 'releasing the bonds' of mental slavery and fear. WT is not, nor have they ever been, 'God's Organization'. There is no Armageddon, it's just the specific Boogey Man used by this particular high-control group.

You have a PM.

• cattails
    cattails

Ummmmm.... long thread titles cause havoc with my browser's display of the forum page! Grrrr... anyone else have this trouble?

Back on topic, the WT's "new light" gives them the boldness to say something with extreme authority only to reverse it when it suits them.

As it's been said before... IT'S a CULT.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DagothUr - What hilarious messages from the 'dubs'. If I didn't know better I'd say they were making it up. How do they know what so called 'apostates' say if they haven't been looking?

'Apostates' = The invisible and ficticious enemy to rally JWs together in a common cause. (Sounds like propaganda to me!)

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Regarding Rutherford and Russell....the March 22, 1993 Awake (p4) says " never did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah’. Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah’".

They claim to be a kind of prophet that has never existed before. An uninspired true prophet. Since they don't preface their statements with "God told us to tell you this"....they imagine that they have not falsely prophesied. Evidently God is ok with letting them off teh hook with such a technicality.

What's great is the next part. The June 1, 1997 WT says " Modesty on the part of the faithful and discreet slave class…..prevents it from presumptuously running ahead and wildly speculating about things ". So the FDS does not speculate, right? Yet, the yearbook of 1980 (p62) says " Certainly they have not returned. No one has seen them, and it would be foolish to make such an announcement. It was stated in the "Millions" that we might reasonably expect them to return shortly after 1925, but this was merely an expressed opinion." So they get themselves out of being called false prophets because they didn't say "This is coming directly from Jehovah".......rather it was only an "expressed opinion" So my question is......what is a synonym for opinion? Why....it is SPECULATION! In the yearbook they admit to expressing opinion or speculating....yet the WT above says that modesty prevents them from doing such a thing! Round and Round they go!

Furthermore......a question I'd like to ask honest hearted JWs is......anything in the past that is NOW referred to as an "expressed opinion"......how do you think the leaders of the organization woudl have reacted if YOU referred to it as an "expressed opinion" BACK THEN??????? If Rutherford were going around telling people that the faithful men of old will be resurrected in 1925 adn you were standing right next to him reminding everyone he talked to "remember....this is NOT coming from God....it is ONLY an opinion"......how would Rutherford have reacted?

Perhaps it was an expressed opinion.....but it was an "expressed opinion" that you had BETTER believe and and SHOW that you believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit